Discover Express Web Connect

Options
Jnason
Jnason Member

When will Discover→Quicken Express Web Connect be resolved and working again?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jnason,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Would you mind further elaborating on the issue that you are experiencing with you Discover account(s)?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Maybe bookmark the known issue page for updates?

if you haven't already, contact quicken.com/support and they can walk you through testing a few things. I did, they wanted me to change my discover password to only letters/numbers, and sign out of quicken id, wait an hour, and try again. It didnt work for me.

wags Glad to be here!

• Afterprop
    Afterprop Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have 2 Discover card accounts, under 2 different user names . . . one works normally. The other account, used rarely, quit updating on 25 Jan 23. I just used the card, and realized there was an issue. So . . . for me, this has been an issue I was unaware of since 25 Jan. And it appears this issue is on-going and has been elevated.

Can we please get this resolved. I get the error code CC-501. I can log in to website on a browser, Quicken just cannot connect. Thank You.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    edited June 2023
    Options

I solved the problem thanks to suggestion by Robert.

Signed out of Quicken ID, created new quicken ID, had quicken support migrate my expiration date to new Quicken ID, and ZING everything worked including 9 financial institutions including discover card that I couldn't connect to (cc-503/cc-929) but worked fine pasting password into browser.

Also, this is just community chat, maybe if you need quicken support, call/chat and ask for an update there. 🐶

wags Glad to be here!

• Afterprop
    Afterprop Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Argh ! ! ! Ok, FWIW, I finally called Quicken support on 3 Jul. For my issue above, I had tried to reset my Discover account (Edit Account Details, Online Services). When I did that Quicken removed all Discover connectivity information. So, called Quicken support, and they had me click on Add Account and go through that process. And it worked ! ! ! (Just search for your financial institution, then add username and password, and connect to Quicken account).

Why didn't I do that earlier, or try it on my own? Probably just faulty learned behavior, because Quicken has had this issue in the past with other accounts, and this process wouldn't didn't work then. Been using Quicken since 1997 so . . .

YMMV, but Good luck.

• J Mark
    J Mark Member ✭✭
    Options

I have done all you state and get a confirmation of update but nothing downloads. Same problem for Schwab and Elan Financial. I will just cancel subscription when expires this fall as I don't have enough hours in day to resolve, and I am a retiree!😟

Free thinker from the Land of Enchantment. The best things in life are free🎻

• Afterprop
    Afterprop Member ✭✭✭
    Options

J Mark, I'm not always happy with Quicken, but it is, IMHO, the best all round product out there to manage your money. The more you use it . . . the better you will get at solving the little issues that pop up. I have both Schwab,and Elan, and they are working for me. With Quicken, you can get the big picture, updated, as often as you want to . . . normally, I'll got 6-8 months error free with my 1-Step Update, and then I'll have an issue. Been using Quicken since 1997, and it has helped me big time, get a good picture of my financial standing. Don't give up ! ! ! And good luck, YMMV.

• Afterprop
    Afterprop Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Call Quicken support . . . let them help you ! ! ! Good luck ! ! !

• J Mark
    J Mark Member ✭✭
    Options

I too have been with Quicken since it started. Switched over from IBM's PF2. But I seem to have problems now every other or third download. I too have worked and solved many problems. However, I have tried all the suggestions posted to get Schwab and Discover and Elan to work like rebranding, resetting account, deactivating then activating, etc. What I have accomplished is using a test file for only Discover, Schwab and Elan and in there they work perfectly. So I am trying to somehow transfer those working accounts from the test file, although I hear it doesn't work for investment accounts, or simply get used to updating and viewing two different files for Quicken. Any suggestions?

• Afterprop
    Afterprop Member ✭✭✭
    Options

D@mm . . . no ideas to help. I wouldn't want to use 2 files to view Quicken on my end. Maybe work with Quicken Technical Support, and ask them to elevate the issue. "Why does it work on a "clean, new" file, and then, won't work on my original data file, assuming you have probably done a Super Validate and Restore to your original file.

I just hate this for you, because when Quicken works, it's better than sliced bread ; - )) And gives you all kinds of information to make the best decisions ! ! !

Good luck. I'm sure there's a technical guy/gal out there who can work it.

Argh . . .

• J Mark
    J Mark Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, validate only showed minor errors that were fixed. I did notice a post from a member who claims support had him setup a new quicken online account and tranfer his expiration date to it. Afterwards he claims all nine of his accounts with this behavior worked flawlessly. That shouldn't be too hard to try vs using two quicken accounts. My job with IBM was to keep IT up and running in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Farmington. I also provided technical support for Planview clients in Austin so I am no youngster to problems like these.

• Afterprop
    Afterprop Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Argh ! ! ! All the more frustrating for you then . . . Good luck ! ! !

This discussion has been closed.