Download from American Express FSB

Options
niven
niven Member ✭✭

HI there - I'm hoping someone can advise me on this. I recently changed my password for one of my 2 accounts at this bank. After that I was unable to update/download so I think I read that I should deactivate the download, which I did. Now I can't activate the account to download. My other account with the same bank works fine. This is the error message I keep getting:

Thanks for any advice

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @niven,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6992)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    Options

well would you believe it, that isn't working either. It locked up the program. I shall try again

• niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    Options

sorry I can't do it.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @niven,

Thank you for attempting to submit a problem report.

What exactly occurs?

I look forward to your response so that I may further assist you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    Options

Originally it would freeze but now I click on help/report a problem and it gives me a few boxes I can fill out but there are load of check boxes and I don't know what any of them mean nor which ones to select or deselect. And if I do select one does the report create and send itself or do I have to create it somewhere else and attach it to the message?

• niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    Options

ok I sent something but I don't know if it's correct

• niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello - is there anything else I could do, it's still not working, thanks

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Is the account that is working connected with Express Web Connect+?

If so, some users have reported difficulty getting EWC+ connected accounts to set up with multiple logins. What you might want to consider doing is to:

1. Enter the Opening Balance transactions dollar amounts in each account into the Memo fields of those transactions. (This can be very helpful if/when the following process changes the Opening Balance transactions dollar amounts. You won't then need to dig through historical data to find out what the Opening Balance transactions dollar amounts should be.)
    2. Back up your data file.
    3. Set up your online accounts so they have the exact same logins (if this is possible).
    4. Deactivate the account in Quicken that is working.
    5. Try setting up, again, with the common login info.
    6. If it works, make sure to Link the downloaded data to the correct accounts.

I don't know if this will work but I would probably give it a shot. If it does not work, you can always restore your backed up data file so at least your one account still connects.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.