Can't add a new USAA Account

Options
Bill Sauter
Bill Sauter Member ✭✭

I've been using Express Web Connect to connect to my USAA accounts for a long time. I just established a new USAA account and am trying to add it to Quicken. When I click login on the Quicken "USAA Federal Savings Bank needs you to authorize your account" I am taken to a url of api.usaa.com/oauth/authorize?.. Etcetera which displays the following: {

"error": "invalid_request",
"error_description": "Validation error"
Any idea what is going on?  This has hapened repeated over several days.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Bill Sauter,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bill Sauter
    Bill Sauter Member ✭✭
    Options

I did cut and paste the error message in my original post. It's the part in red and the truncated url is listed in my message above. There was no other portion of the message.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Bill Sauter,

Thank you for providing more information.

A screenshot is the most useful tool that we can use to truly assist you in this issue. Please use the instructions located in my response above.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bill Sauter
    Bill Sauter Member ✭✭
    Options

Okay, here is screenshot using shift+prtsc.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Bill Sauter,

Thank you for providing that screenshot.

Due to this issue occurring on the USAA website, we suggest reaching out to them for further assistance. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bill Sauter
    Bill Sauter Member ✭✭
    Options

After further investigation, the Add New Account functions fine on Microsoft Edge, but does not work on Google Chrome.

This discussion has been closed.