Need to have a way to stop software updates

Options
griebt42
griebt42 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Installing and Updating

Quicken needs to provide a way to stop auto software updates. Telling people to use UAC (User account control) is a «NON» answer as you cannot modify the behavior of the entire system just because of one software product.

You can't do reliable accounting using software that can change behind your back. This type of change needs to be under user control. There are lots of ways that this can be handled that are a lot more user focused than what is done now.

One way is to NOTIFY the user that an update is available and start a countdown. Let the user invoke the product 5 times or 1 month, whichever comes latest and then, and only then, do the update automatically. This gives the user control of when to do the update while at the same time making sure that the product does get updated (eventually). [ Of course it's better to let the user have complete control but I understand that will have support ramifications ]

I repeat, "Just use UAC" is not a useful answer.

p.s. Isn't number of people that have requested this feature some sort of indicator that it's important ? [rhetorical]

8 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @griebt42,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.