Changing Category in Multiple Transactions.

Options
RLJN4567
RLJN4567 Member

I recently received a new credit card with a different number. When I went to download the recent transactions, it created a new category for the new card, and downloaded all the tractions for this year into this new catagory. However, many transactions had no category field filled in. How can a select all transactions in the same payee, and add the category in one action?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RLJN4567,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You can select multiple transactions by either holding down the SHIFT key on your keyboard to select a range of transactions or holding the CTRL key to individually select multiple transactions.

After selecting transactions, right-click on one of the selected transactions and choose Edit transactions from the drop-down list. You can then choose the field you wish to modify.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This recent discussion has some tips for recategorizing transactions:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RLJN4567 - I think you mean that Quicken created a new ACCOUNT - not Category -

When I went to download the recent transactions, it created a new
    category for the new card, and downloaded all the tractions for this
    year into this new catagory.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• xcreek
    xcreek Member
    Options

I can not get the multiple section to work on transactions either with the shift key or the control key

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What kind of account? It doesn't work in investment accounts. What version Quicken and OS? Windows or Mac?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @xcreek,

Thank you for joining the discussion. If the keyboard shortcuts are not working, I recommend that you go to Edit>Preferences>Setup and verify that you have Windows Standard selected.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.