Online bill connections failing

Options

Windows 11 Home, Quicken Version R50.15, Build 27.1.50.15, Issues occurring Jun 30, 2023

Four account connections became invalid/disconnected today (Citi, CitiBusiness, and two different AT&T accounts). Two of these (Citi and CitiBusiness) I've reconnected three times each (so far, in the same day, June 30). Two cannot connect (two different AT&T accounts), and of those two, a message states there is no bill available, but this bill was in fact issued on June 13 (~2 weeks ago).

This is not the first time I've such unreliability issues!

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeff Hendrickson
    Jeff Hendrickson Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: Citi and CitiBusiness have now disconnected from the server for a fourth time in the same day :-(

• Jeff Hendrickson
    Options

So, tried Validate and Repair, signing out of Quicken Cloud, exiting Quicken, signing back in, and…

The same four accounts were unlinked from the billers, plus I had to Deactivate/Reactivate five other accounts. Seems there are serious issues with OSU/Quicken Cloud???

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jeff Hendrickson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When I check for known issues, I can see CitiBusiness has a degraded connection, but the other billers you mentioned should be good. Are you able to include screenshots of the errors you are getting when trying to connect/reconnect those billers (making sure any personal information is obscured or blurred)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

You also mentioned having to deactivate/reactivate accounts. Are you referring to additional billers giving you trouble, or do you mean you were also having issues downloading transactions from your financial institutions? What prompted you to deactivate/reactivate those accounts? Were there any error messages or codes?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember reading another discussion stating that "Citi doesn't support Bill Manager".
    AT&T might be doing the same … I don't know for sure.

If your bank (the one that runs your checking account) recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

I recommend you use one of these alternatives (in no particular order of preference):

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing. Note: limited number of free transactions per month.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat both actions every time another payment is due.
    3. Bypass Bill Manager. Let the biller's computer system do all the work for you. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken, every month, record a regular Scheduled Reminder to keep track of your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using method #3 for decades with all my bill and credit card payments, since before the Internet and bank download capabilities were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• Jeff Hendrickson
    Options

• I have autopay set up with for my two AT&T accounts. I had been connected to AT&T, for a long time, simply to get the actual bill amounts to display in reminders. When I try to readd the links to my AT&T accounts it fails, and every time two unrelated accounts become "invalid" according to Quicken, so I then have to remove, re-add, and relink those two unrelated accounts to reminders.

• Jeff Hendrickson
    Options

I do appreciate your comments BTW.

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Yes, I have similar issues with AT&T and about 6 other bills/billers. And a host of other issues with Online BIlls, reminders, quick pay, check pay, etc, etc, etc. I report them all in the app. Sometimes I post online. Keep trying and keep reporting. They pay attention when many people respond with the same issues.

This discussion has been closed.