Capital 360

Options
JAP40
JAP40 Member ✭✭

I have not be able to reset my Capital 360 bank account. I get the below.

In Action it say do not add to Quicken. I have not option to change this. This occurred after some update. I have tried many thing but delete the account. I do not want to lose any history of all my transactions. I can do a manual download. I prefer the automatic download.

Thank you

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JAP40,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When it shows "Don't add to Quicken", that means it thinks the account is already connected in your Quicken. To reconnect your account, what you will need to do is disconnect it then reconnect it. First, please backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate the account. Once it is deactivated, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts to reconnect it. On the Add/Link screen, be careful to make sure it is seeing the correct account to connect to in Quicken. If it is not seeing the correct account, you can click the Link to existing account dropdown and select the correct account from the list.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JAP40
    JAP40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

I did what you noted but I still get the same note to not to add to Quicken. I noticed the nickname is not the name I have in Quicken. Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If the nickname it shows is not the name you have in Quicken, then it may be connected to an incorrect account in your Quicken. You would need to go to Tools>Account List, find the nickname it shows the account connected to, and deactivate that account. Then you should be able to reconnect the account by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• JAP40
    JAP40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

The account is not activated so I cannot deactivate it.

Thank you,

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

When you try to add the account and it says Don't add to Quicken, it should show a Nickname in Quicken. That will be the name of the account it thinks its connected to in Quicken (see example below).

You would need to find that exact nickname in Tools>Account List and deactivate that account. Once the account you're trying to add is no longer connected to anything in Quicken, you should be able to re-add it by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts.

If that is not possible for some reason, please provide screenshots so I can see exactly what is happening when you are trying to add the account and what exactly you are seeing in your Account List (please make sure to obscure or blur any personal information; this is a public forum). If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• JAP40
    JAP40 Member ✭✭
    Options

I only get these tabs. General and Display Option. It does not have the Online Services tab to activate or deactivate the services.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

When you are trying to add the account and you are on the Add/Link screen (where it is showing Don't add to Quicken), what Nickname in Quicken is it showing there? (see sample image below)

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• JAP40
    JAP40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

It is a nickname for a loan the I have paid off. I did not use 360 to do this. I do not know how it got connected to 360. I cannot even edit the nickname.

Thank you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if you are able to reconnect the account.

If it still says "Don't add to Quicken" when you try to reconnect it, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if you are able to reconnect the account.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• JAP40
    JAP40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

I received the above errors. After I did the Validate. It took me awhile to get Quicken to open my backup file. I did the super validate and the nickname is still incorrect and it still states Don't add to Quicken.

• JAP40
    JAP40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

Should I close the account that is connected to 360 but should not be? Do you think that will break the invalid connection to 360?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

If that is an older account that you no longer need to update, then yes, closing that account to see if it severs the incorrect connection would be the next step. Please make sure to backup your file prior to closing the account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• JAP40
    JAP40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

Closing the account that was not tied to Capital 360 worked. Thank you for all your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get it disconnected from that incorrect account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.