Only two of my 9 accounts now download despite all efforts

Options
krlee
krlee Member ✭✭

I am beyond disgusted with Quicken. I don't know why I continue to pay for a product that does not do the one thing that I would pay for, download my account data. I wasted 45 minutes to day on just one account to no avail. They all worked and then just stopped working. I have three accounts at one bank and now only one works. Every time I open quicken there is an update, and I get emails touting enhanced features for obscure functions. How about you make the downloading and report features - the two things that everyone uses - work first!

I really hope someone from the company reads these comments - but judging by the results I highly doubt it.

Ken Lee

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @krlee,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this with? What is the connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which update? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• krlee
    krlee Member ✭✭
    Options

My last update was lost somehow - it's a shame that after 35 years working in IT I can't seem to post a comment :-)

The issue I now have been having for the past few eeks is that when I try to reconnect my accounts I get error CC-501. "We are unable to connect to the Wuicken servers at this time, please try again in a few hours." Now it's a few weeks. Pretty close to close it down time I think.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

• Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
    For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
    You need to have these Firewall Rules active:

If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put a checkmark on "Use TLS 1.2"
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    • Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @krlee,

Thank you for providing more information.

Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this error with? Are you receiving this error when attempting to add accounts or update accounts or both?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.