R50.16 - OL-297 - Unable to establish an internet connection after software update.

Options
ASauri
ASauri Member ✭✭

Windows 11

I installed the latest Quicken update and received the same error for six (6) of my accounts (OL-297-A). The common thread for these accounts is that they are downloading via Direct Connect.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try a reboot after a Quicken software install

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Please read this discussion:

Not able to update any transactions or balances or quotes from latest Quicken software

In the last response, a user solved his problems by doing something not previously suggested. Please try this first.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ASauri,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this issue with?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ASauri
    ASauri Member ✭✭
    Options

@Ps56k2,

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I first encountered the issue, I closed the program and tried it again. Then, seeing the same issue, I rebooted my PC and tried it but still had the issue.

I finally rolled back the update and documented my issue and troubleshooting steps for Quicken to research and advise.

Albert

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ASauri,

When you say that you documented your issue and troubleshooting steps, do you mean that you submitted a problem report? If so, submitting a problem report does not warrant a response from Quicken Support, you would still need to reach out via call, chat, or the Community for further assistance.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ASauri
    ASauri Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine,

There were 6 accounts at 4 Financial Institutions:

• Citibank
    • Fidelity NetBenefits
    • Kinecta Federal Credit Union
    • TD Ameritrade

In order to continue my banking with Quicken, I have rolled back my software to this configuration:

• Windows 11
    • Quicken Deluxe
    • R50.15

Since that rollback, all the FI downloads now work.

Please investigate and advise.

Albert

• rgh22
    rgh22 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same issue with about six financial institutions (FI). After a lot of attempts at remedies suggested on various community threads, I found a partial solutions after I rolled back Windows 10 updates for the past 6 months. Now, I only get the OL-297-A error on three of the six FI's. All along, I have been using the latest Quicken update available for Windows.

It appears to me that there is not sufficient testing of Quicken when Microsoft releases their updates to see if Microsoft breaks something. This happens all the time with complex software. Perhaps Quicken doesn't have the resources that can keep up with this complexity. However, given the vast data regarding the symptoms from the community, Quicken should be able to rapidly diagnose and remedy the incompatibilities/defects.

• SoulDakota
    SoulDakota Member
    Options

having the same issue. This is the second time inside of a year that their updates have broken the transaction download. I’m about ready to ditch quicken, their quality control seems have gone downhill in the past year or two. Long time user here (15+ years).

Anyway, how did you get ahold of the 50.15 release? I would like to go back too but cannot find where to download older versions and also cannot find where to disable automatic updates.

This discussion has been closed.