Unable to download/update Charles Schwab accounts

Options
psalms287
psalms287 Member

Attempting to update/download positions with Charles Schwab this morning, I get the One Step Update screen which never completes. I am able to complete this action with Fidelity.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At this point I think the only thing to do is to wait for tomorrow to see if this clears up. My Schwab downloads worked fine today.

If this continues into tomorrow then I'd say the best thing to do is to contact Official Quicken Support

https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Downloading problems these days, what with Schwab now using EWC+, are very difficult for other users - even SuperUsers - to handle.

• allenswingle
    allenswingle Member
    Options

I too have the same problem connecting with Schwab. Fidelity also works well for me. Chase also hangs Quicken when attempting account update. First Tech Credit Union connection also works fine.

• Sbaycruiser
    Sbaycruiser Member
    Options

I have been unable to download Charles Schwab successfully since April 15. I have been on the phone and shared screen with Quicken Support 6 times and once with Schwab. No Solution has been found as of yet. I am able to get some downloads in Some of my Schwab accounts, but never all of them. We have 2 user names and many Schwab Accounts. Very frustrating. I am almost to the end of using Quicken, which I have been using for more than 15 years!!! … Larry

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Sbaycruiser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What is happening when you try to download? Are you getting any error messages and/or error codes? Are the accounts under one User ID downloading while the accounts under the other User ID aren't, or is it more random which accounts aren't downloading? When you update your accounts, do you do all at once through One Step Update, or do you update one financial institution at a time by going to the action gear in the register and selecting Update Now?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kathy111
    Kathy111 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I have tried all of the above as well as resetting accounts, deactivating, reactivating, uninstalling, reinstalling Quicken, logging on as a different user and some accounts still not working. When they do work, it takes 15 minutes or longer, about every 2 or 3 days. I've been using quicken over 25 years - this is the most frustrating it's ever been. Please fix!

[Edited - Readability]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for joining the discussion,

For me to try to assist you, I would need more information. Would you please answer the questions I asked @Sbaycruiser in my earlier post?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.