Cannot download with Ally Bank

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ally Bank Connection Issue.

Comments

• Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

7-12-23 Cannot log-in to Ally Bank this am. I have been unable to update Ally in Quicken for weeks even though a reset shows all of my accounts. The only fix I have is importing a file the old fashion way.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Step2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Do you receive any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when attempting to sign in/download transactions from Ally Bank? When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which one?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have no issues connecting and downloading transactions from Ally bank. I suspect you may have a corrupted dataset.

• Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    Options

No errors of any kind. No messages either. The Issue began a couple of weeks ago but I did not think much of it at first. A reset finds all of the accounts but no transactions. I have been doing a direct download from Ally and then importing the data. That works ok.

I have been with Ally for several years. Once in a while I get an error, Maybe 1 time per year but always with a code or message. Nothing this time and I know I have new data by looking online.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Please backup your Quicken file, then log out of Quicken. To log out, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, then click the Sign in as a different user link.

When the confirmation window comes up, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.

After Quicken finishes logging you out, it will bring you to a login screen. Close out of Quicken and leave it closed for at least 10 seconds. Then, re-open Quicken. Once it finishes loading, it will bring you back to the login screen. Log into your Quicken.

Once it brings your file back up, run One Step Update. It may take longer than usual to run since the process you just went through cleared Quicken's cache. Once One Step Update finishes, check to see if the missing transactions downloaded.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• HBofFMFl
    HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
    Options

All of a sudden my Quicken installation (R50.16) ceases to update Ally Bank accounts. No error messages, no ability to add Ally Bank to one step update, Quicken ignores in every way Ally Bank and my attempts to link to it.

• HBofFMFl
    HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
    Options

If Quicken for Windows is experiencing problems with Ally Bank updates, please just make an announcement. I have changed nothing with my Quicken installation nor with my Ally Bank accounts, but for the last two weeks or so I cannot update with Ally. All of my other Quicken accounts continue to work perfectly.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @HBofFMFl,

Thank you for joining the discussion, though I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. When did this issue first start? Are your Ally Bank accounts currently connected in Quicken, or did they end up disconnected and you're not able to reconnect them? What is happening when you try to link them back up? What is happening when you run One Step Update (eg does Ally Bank show as a choice in the settings, is it selected, what does it show for Ally Bank in the One Step Update Summary)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• HBofFMFl
    HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
    Options

Updating with Ally Bank is starting to work again. I conducted no corrective actions. Each day I attempted an update, each day Quicken failed to update with Ally Bank. Then, a day or two ago, the checking account updated began to work again.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear its working again. If the issue returns, feel free to reach out for further assistance.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• HBofFMFl
    HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, Quicken (Windows 11, Quicken R51.10) has resumed not updating from Ally Bank. Again went through the Set Up Online drill which produces checking and saving account updates that do not reflect what is listed on the Ally website.

• HBofFMFl
    HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
    Options

My Ally Bank checking and saving account ledgers in Quicken now have no relationship to my online Ally ledgers. My Quicken installation in now of no use for managing my Ally Bank related finances. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm sorry to hear its gone back to not working. Are there any error messages or error codes when you try to update? If not, then what is happening when you try to update or reconnect the accounts?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• HBofFMFl
    HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
    Options

No error messages. Ally Bank update requirements disappearing from the online page. Reentering update details produce updates that corrupt the Quicken ledger. Quicken is now of absolutely no value for managing my Ally Bank accounts. Am I the only Quicken user experiencing this very serious Quicken failure?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

What do you mean their update requirements are disappearing from the online page? Are you talking about something that is happening on Ally's website? Are you downloading .QFX files, and then having issues when the data provided by the financial institution imports? What kind of corruption is happening when the data imports?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• HBofFMFl
    HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken updates from Ally Bank worked perfectly for years. No change in bank account, Quicken installation or Windows 11 installation. Updates of both checking and savings accounts do not reflect most recent activities and nor current balances balances listed in Ally Bank website. It appears that Quicken installation will not obtain most recent bank activity plus Quicken installation is using a corrupted ledger. Am I the only person experiencing this problem?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

What corruption are you seeing in the ledger? When did you first notice it?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• HBofFMFl
    HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for offering to help. I don't have the time to try to resolve an apparently unique problem with my Quicken installation and Ally Bank. Downloading QFX file for updating works great.

• Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have a new issue of sorts. When updating, Ally Bank now asks for a code with the offer to send to text my phone or by calling. Selecting a text message does not result in receiving a code. I found that canceling that message allows the update to continue AND Ally Bank updates anyway. This started with the most recent Quicken software update.

Windows 11 Quicken Version R51.12 Build 27.1.51.12

I will try the suggested fix from July 15.

• Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Logged out of Quicken completely and logged back in. That fixed the Ally issue for most of the last week.

But now is has started again. One step update does nothing for Ally accounts. I have begun downloading data from the Ally site using the Quicken format and importing. Guess this may be the only option from now one.

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options

I did not realize that Quicken has not updated my Ally Bank savings account since May 2023. When I click on update, it takes me to the Ally website. I tried deactivating the account, but now cannot activate it. The message I receive after inputing my login and password is "…we are unable to connect to servicers at this time. Do not contact AllyBank..they cannot fix this problem." the error code is cc-501.

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options

Now when I click on update Ally Bank, it takes me to the Ally Bank website. From there I would need to individually download/update each account individually. Quicken no longer updates the Ally Bank accounts automatically. My account is set to web connect. There is a statement on the update page that says there is a new connection method. I clicked on that and entered my user name and password. I then get a message that states "Quicken is unable to connect to server. Do not contact Ally Bank. They cannot fix this problem." so is a problem on Quicken's side. When will you be fixing this?

• Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    Options

At this time, my checking account (which Ally has renamed the Spending Account), is the only account that updates. Transactions that occur in the Money Market and individual CDs do not download. When I logged out of Quicken completely, these accounts downloaded one time and stopped.

Since the checking account is the only one with daily transactions, I am leaving the Ally accounts alone.

This discussion has been closed.