Zero Coupon Treasury bonds not showing up on brokerage account in quicken

Options
Kevin Stewart
Kevin Stewart Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Investing (Windows)

My broker recently purchased some US Treasury Bill Zero Coupon investments. They show up fine in the brokers website.

I am using the investment tracking without individual details. In the particular account where the T bonds were purchased the $ amount of T Bonds is removed from the total that is shown in my quicken desktop account bar. This then is also removed from the Quicken mobile file. I used to use that to see how my investments were doing but now It is off by a significant amount. I can account for this mentally by adding an estimate. when I click on the account it lists the sweep cash fine as a line item with a security ID but then shows a line item of a negative cash removal with no security ID listed. Do I have to manually add a treasury bond security and assign the cash to that? Do I have to buy that cash back? I'm not sure I can do that with the minimum investment style I am using. Seems like quicken would be able to handle this better?

I would assume this is an error in quicken that should be resolved.

Has anyone else seen this? Or Fixed this?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Kevin Stewart,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. The way Quicken tracks Zero Coupon Bonds is not completely intuitive. This article and this earlier discussion provide more details. If you would like to see the way they are handled in Quicken changed, I would recommend adding your vote and a comment to this Idea post.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.