How do I stop One Step Update from renaming my account nicknames?

Options
kat99
kat99 Member

I just set up all of my accounts and renamed them (using Edit/Delete function by right-clicking on the account —>General—>Account Name) from the random account names my bank uses for them (that came through when I originally set up the account to connect online). However, when I did my first One Step Update to download online transactions, the account names changed back to random account names used by my bank. I do not use Quicken Mobile & Web and my Sync is turned off. Why is One Step Update changing my account names from my preferred (edited) names to the ones my bank (and credit cards) use and how do I fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @kat99,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which update? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What is your exact process for renaming the accounts?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I think that OSU only shows the actual bank names and truncated account numbers…

but the Quicken Account Names you have edited remain unchanged in the Account List and Account Details

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's clarify some terminology here … when you do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to the account WHAT field is being changed and where are you seeing this?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.