Prudential retirement

Options
jaralyea
jaralyea Member ✭✭

Many posts about how to log into prudential but my question is has anyone recently logged into Prudential and downloaded transactions. How did you generate the Quicken ID and Password for Prudential.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• jaralyea
    jaralyea Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

This did not work. Way back in time I changed my User ID for Prudential. Up until recently per Quicken Support I have to change my Quicken user ID because of issues in my profile. Basically I had to start from scratch. I am operation with all my accounts accept prudential. I get a OL-304a error and no downloaded transactions. It did work on my previous Quicken user ID but not now.

• raustin316
    raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Prudential has been generating an error message lately OL-301-A. I haven't been able to connect in several days.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

• jaralyea
    jaralyea Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for the reply. We rolled over to Fidelity. Pru said big changes are coming after the full migration to Empower and most likely will not support 3rd party software. Prudential has always been a problem, Adios Prudential.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

"Quicken ID" is the UserID that is used to log into your Quicken.com account and to sign into Quicken. It is not something that is used to setup and download from a financial institution into Quicken. Are you trying to use your Quicken ID for downloading Prudential into Quicken? If so, that will not work.

Or are you instead referring to your Prudential UserID for Direct Connect? If you are referring to your Prudential UserID, it is my understanding that there is only one UserID that can be used for setup and I do not think you are able to change that, but I might be mistaken about that. Have you tried precisely following the instructions provided in the first post of the referenced thread that I'd posted above?

• jaralyea
    jaralyea Member ✭✭
    Options

this worked until Quicken had me change my user ID bc they Quicken have a server error that started last month. Now I am back on line with no issues and a new Q uicken ID. They could not figure out why my long time Quicken ID and password to access Pru didn’t work. Pru told me they ont support WEB service now not Wuicken. Eventually You will not be able to access Prudential from Q when the migration is completed.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Do a search in this Community for Empower. You will find a lot of posts about how Empower downloads work for some types of accounts and some merged financial institutions and not for others. It seems that Empower is working to add download capabilities but it is a very slow process and for some Direct Connect is not being set up but Web Connect (manually downloading transactions from the website) is. It's been a painful process for many and regarding Quicken it appears that Empower's large number of acquisitions in a relatively short period of time might have outstripped their ability to get set up properly for Quicken in a timely manner.

• jaralyea
    jaralyea Member ✭✭
    Options

I already rolled over to Fidelity.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It has been down for me since Saturday and tried again this morning, hopefully it is just down due to weekend maintenance.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding an OL-301-A with Prudential Retirement, this could be contributing to the issues that you are experiencing. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• CaptainTeknukul
    CaptainTeknukul Member ✭✭
    Options

Same, its been down for me since Saturday as well. I tried again just a few minutes ago and still unable to download transactions from pru.

• curtisdchilds
    curtisdchilds Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Any update on this issue? Still not able to download and PRU/Empower is saying if I can log into their website then the issue is on the quicken side

• jaralyea
    jaralyea Member ✭✭
    Options

I just rolled my Pru accounts to Fidelity. Pri stated they only support WEB logins or Quicken. Quicken could not resolve the login issues I had .

• FrankThompson
    Options

I also cannot connect to my prudential account now for a few weeks. I hope they resolve it soon.

My other issue is that even though it says it errors I on the summary screen it doesn't show any error at all. just that it completed. I don't know if it's the OL-301-A error or not. I "reported a problem" from in quicken, but I have no heard anything back from Quicken on it. Makes me wonder what am I really paying $10/month for?

• Satchel O
    Satchel O Member
    Options

same thing here…..not sure what to think

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Prudential finally connected this evening (using Direct Connect) but unfortunately the previous month's of transactions (while connection was down) did not download.

• histwriter
    histwriter Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken is expensive. It's disappointing that you guys can't get this to work. The SS# idea DOES NOT work. Please remove this bogus suggestion. Why can't your IT people figure this out?

• jaralyea
    jaralyea Member ✭✭
    Options

I did not renew my subscription and left Prudential for Fidelity. I now use a shared Quicken to keep the cost down . 3 family members share the software.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2023
    Options

@histwriter posted:

It's disappointing that you guys can't get this to work. The SS# idea DOES NOT work. Please remove this bogus suggestion. Why can't your IT people figure this out?

"The SS# idea" was taken directly from the Prudential website and has been posted in this Community forum by other users, just like you and me. It is not something Quicken came up with nor has listed in any Quicken Support or Help article so there is nothing for Quicken to remove.

Also, there are many other post threads in Community prior to the current situation (such as the one referenced in the 2nd post in this thread) stating that "the SS# idea" worked well provided you do everything in that process and not just use the SS#. But with Empower now owning Prudential Retirement perhaps they ("they" being Prudential/Empower because Quicken does not set the login setup requirement for any financial institution) have changed the set up requirement and if that is the case then it sure would be nice if a Prudential/Empower customer would post what that is here.

@jfclague - On 8/18 you posted that you were able to get Prudential to connect and download. Is it still working for you? If so, would you please post what you did to get the successful connection?

• jaralyea
    jaralyea Member ✭✭
    Options

I was told by Prudential customer support they only support the web service not 3rd party. This is not a Quicken issue. Unfortunately those of you who are stuck with an employer who contracts with Prudential you will never get it to work with Prudential. Employees with big companies maybe able to makes changes to oust prudential/Empower.

• lladna
    lladna Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine It's been over a month now. You were providing weekly updates at the link, and have now stopped.

Still no luck with Prudential connection. What's going on, is anyone working on this? Can you extend subscriptions a month as an acknowledgement the program is not working, and the length of time it's taking to fix things!

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am able to connect but no past or new transactions have downloaded so I have been entering them manually.

• lladna
    lladna Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Anyone else still having no luck. I am not getting it to connect at all still, and no update from Quicken…?

• ncretired
    ncretired Member
    Options

It's now a month later, and AFAIK, no update from Quicken. Yay teams at Intuit and Prudential - great job …

At least for me, the account can not be found, and I use the account iD format as stated on the Prudential/Empower joined Empire site. Maybe it's just as well it doesn't work, so I'm not reminded daily that what gains Prudential got earlier in the year are evaporating.

• scott.in.az
    scott.in.az Member ✭✭
    Options

I go this message on my empower account today:

On the weekend of October 21st, Empower will upgrade your account to an improved web experience. Note that you will not be able to make transactions in your account 1-3 business days prior to the upgrade and 1-2 business days after the upgrade weekend. To learn more, visit upgrade.empower.com. After the upgrade is complete, you will need to register and access your account at empowermyretirement.com.

Guess we'll find out if the quicken downloads work after this or not…

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just checked my acct. and I don't have that message.

• scott.in.az
    scott.in.az Member ✭✭
    Options

Maybe it's a staggered rollout for different plans. Just looked closer at the FAQ and #20 says quicken downloads are supported through QFX so hopefully that will remain true.

• jaralyea
    jaralyea Member ✭✭
    Options

I no longer use Q or Pru

• scott.in.az
    scott.in.az Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken is working reasonably well with the post-transition Empower accounts. I didn't see any OFX option but QFX download works and identifies the financial institution as "Great West Financial". I linked to the existing Quicken account and needed to go through the process to match to the online securities. The transfer transaction showed up as buys for every holding so I deleted those and was finally able to reconcile shares! They are sending over new transactions and daily prices as well. Hopefully this can be some good news for anyone stuck with Empower and manually entering transactions from the old system.

This discussion has been closed.