pay reminder not updating

Options
rondesgr
rondesgr Member ✭✭

My paycheck changed so I went into my calendar and edited my paycheck reminder that I use for forecasting my balances. All the category amounts in the reminder updated as shown on the calendar and when I click on [edit] again. However, when I click [Enter], all the amounts shown are the previous values and not the newly entered amounts. I shutdown Quicken and reopen it, but the same problem exists.

How do I fix this bug?

Oh, and when I manual correct the amounts by clicking [enter] and then [enter], the calendar now shows the reminder and the transaction. So I still have the previous problem of only paycheck reminders not clearing off of the calendar.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Another option is to delete the paycheck reminder and set up a new one with the corrected information. Once in a while a reminder can get corrupted and does not function properly anymore. When that happens, the only way to fix it is to delete and recreate it.

Also, it can be the faster and easier than restoring a backup file and getting that updated to include the most recent transactions….but that can be a viable means as well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @rondesgr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? I tried to replicate the issue in my Quicken, but when I tried, the paycheck reminder updated properly. Could you tell me what you updated in your paycheck reminder? Did you Edit this instance or Edit this instance and all future instances when you updated the paycheck reminder?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rondesgr
    rondesgr Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Kristina,

I'm using version R50.16 build 27.1.50.16 on a Windows 10 Pro system.

I had updated my pay, and withholdings for fed, state, med.care, soc.sec. taxes and 401K. This issue applies to current and all future instances.

A few weeks ago, I used the 'validate file' and 'super validate file' to fix an issue with the paycheck reminder (and only all of these reminders) not clearing after clicking [enter]. This fixed the issue where the entered transaction and the reminder on the same. In fact, you were part of that message thread.

I tried the 'validate' and 'super-validate' operations again, but to no avail.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you for your help,

Ron

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since you've already tried Validate and Super Validate, and they did not correct the issue, the next step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible, and see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Another option is to delete the paycheck reminder and set up a new one with the corrected information. Once in a while a reminder can get corrupted and does not function properly anymore. When that happens, the only way to fix it is to delete and recreate it.

Also, it can be the faster and easier than restoring a backup file and getting that updated to include the most recent transactions….but that can be a viable means as well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• rondesgr
    rondesgr Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Boatnmaniac. Deleting and recreating seems to have done the trick!