Credit monotoring alerts doesn't work

Options
Fred Spilka
Fred Spilka Member ✭✭

When I get an e-mail from Quicken about a credit alert I go to Reports>Credit Monitoring Alerts but it says "No Alerts, all is well." It's set up to receive alerts so why don't they show up?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Fred Spilka,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which update? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Same here. I had a recent change in my credit and I got the email from Quicken. Went to the app, and "No alerts".

It just happened 3 weeks ago. Does not seem to involve a recent update. No error codes or messages. I get the email from Quicken, and then the app shows No Alerts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Randy 415,

Thank you for joining this thread and for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Fred Spilka
    Fred Spilka Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine my situation is the same as Randy 415. Based on that, I'll try the validate instructions and will let you know the result.

• Fred Spilka
    Fred Spilka Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine I tried both but there is no change.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Fred Spilka,

Thank you for joining this thread and for providing more information.

Next, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Fred Spilka
    Fred Spilka Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine I just tried this and sorry to say there is no change.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Have you contacted Equifax about this issue? The email is triggered by data provided by Equifax, so only they would know what triggered that particular alert.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Randy 415
    Options

I tried all the same solutions. Still the same problem. I also copied all my data to a new data file and reconnected all disconnected services. (Took forever). Still same issue. I cannot contact Equifax as they say to contact Quicken because they do not send the email. I can see that there was an event in my credit report when I go to their site. (New credit card number). But it does not show in Quicken. This needs further analysis.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they have access to tools that we do not and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Randy 415
    Options

It just happened again tis morning. I get the email saying a credit alert is available. And I go into Quicken and No credit Alerts.

This discussion has been closed.