Problem with downloads. Am I the only one.?

Options
rallen
rallen Member ✭✭

Downloaded transactions are found in the wrong accounts. The Account names are changing so that stock transactions are landing in credit card accounts. I have been on with support for three days with explanations ranging from its my file that is corrupt to that they realize the are having problems with downloads.

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @rallen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Which financial institution is the bank account that's having errors with? What error messages/error codes are you receiving?

If you are not seeing the correct account to link to, that may indicate that Quicken thinks the account you're trying to link to is already connected to another account. You can check to see if Quicken thinks an account is connected by going to Tools>Account List. If you see the word "yes" in the Transaction download column for that account, then Quicken thinks its connected.

If Quicken thinks the account is connected, then to free it up so you can link it to the correct account, you would first want to backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate the account. Then, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts. That account should now be available to link.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rallen
    rallen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you I will go back and look. I believe there is a specific problem with Schwab. Signing up only offers banking information. This is not a retirement account which is the other choice. I will check with them Monday. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Allen

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Q product are you running, and what BUILD of that product? What Financial Institution are you having these issues with? What method of download are you using?

What have you done so far to address the issues?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rallen
    rallen Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Premier 27..1.51.10

I use quicken to track my investment accounts(fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard), 2 bank accounts and credit cards. One of the bank accounts had a number of errors. I deleted the previous months transactions only to find that they would only restore a week so I went to a back up and at that point the one step update was empty. I have not been able to restore it after validation and super validation. I deleted all the online services and reinstalled them. It seem to be working well, but when I got to my Schwab account, the wrong account appeared in the second column i.e. credit cards in place of a Schwab account, and in some cases I was unable find the appropriate link. I have spent quite a few hours with customer support, and had one person suggest I have an unstable program and should plan to restart my accounts. The other individual indicated they were having a problem with downloads. In the case of a specific Schwab account that didn’t appear,to link i tried to individually add it only to have an unending turning circle . I have had quicken for than 20 years and never experienced anything like this

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @rallen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Which financial institution is the bank account that's having errors with? What error messages/error codes are you receiving?

If you are not seeing the correct account to link to, that may indicate that Quicken thinks the account you're trying to link to is already connected to another account. You can check to see if Quicken thinks an account is connected by going to Tools>Account List. If you see the word "yes" in the Transaction download column for that account, then Quicken thinks its connected.

If Quicken thinks the account is connected, then to free it up so you can link it to the correct account, you would first want to backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate the account. Then, go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts. That account should now be available to link.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rallen
    rallen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you I will go back and look. I believe there is a specific problem with Schwab. Signing up only offers banking information. This is not a retirement account which is the other choice. I will check with them Monday. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Allen

This discussion has been closed.