quicken keeps asking me to enter bank password

Options

I am having trouble downloading transactions on a new account. quicken keeps asking to enter password but nothing happens.

Comments

• reggie1993
    reggie1993 Member
    Options

this is the picture

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@reggie1993 - Things to try -

Restart Quicken and then try the OSU again.

If the OSU asks for password, enter it and continue with the OSU.

If you continue to get this screen, go to Tools—>Password Vault—>Add or Edit Passwords, and verify that your password is there and correct for M&T Bank. You can see your password(s) by clicking on "show" by the password box.

• reggie1993
    reggie1993 Member
    Options

i get this even though the password is correct.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That error message might mean that your password either doesn't meet the minimum requirements, has characters that are not allowed, or may have been a repeated password. Have you verified that your password meets M&T Bank's requirements?

• reggie1993
    reggie1993 Member
    Options

I would think it meets requirements if they let me log in with it.

• reggie1993
    reggie1993 Member
    Options

gave you the benefit of doubt and changed my password and still got the same message of quicken

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

It looks like an issue specific to M&T bank. Maybe they're having issues with their servers? At this point, I am just guessing. Maybe someone else in this forum that uses M&I Bank can give you ideas for a solution. I'm sorry I couldn't help. If nothing helps and you can't find a solution, the only other thing I could suggest is a call to Quicken Support. If you go to Quicken.com, you will be able to find their contact information and support options.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @reggie1993,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this happening when you are trying to add a new account, or is this account already in your Quicken, but giving you this issue when you're trying to update it?

Is this issue happening on the same data file that is giving you issues with going unresponsive/freezing, or is this happening on a different file?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.