Unable to add Ameren as an eBiller

Options

Hello,

I'm trying to add Ameren as an eBiller and having some trouble. I'm using Quicken Deluxe for the Mac Version 7.1.2. When I go to add Ameren as an eBiller, it appears that it wants me to choose a two factor authentication method, but none of the options in the dropdown list are valid. When I click next, I just get an error.

What can I do to get Ameren setup as an eBiller in Quicken?

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @eqqfooyoung,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? What are the exact steps that you take when trying to add the eBiller?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• eqqfooyoung
    eqqfooyoung Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Quicken Jasmine,

I first noticed the issue today, but this is my first time ever trying to setup an eBiller. I open Quicken Mac Version 7.1.2 > Click the "Bills & Income" tab at the top > Click "+ New Bill" > Click "Add eBill" > Search for "Ameren" > click "Ameren" > Enter my User ID and Password > click "Continue" > Wait a moment and then I get this message:

It's asking me to select my preferred method to receive a one-time verification code from the drop down list. However, the only option is "* The contents of this file are subject to the terms of the common dev…owner]" …

I think it's pretty obvious that this is supposed to be something like my phone number or email address, but I don't get that as an option.

I click continue because there's no other option and then I get this error:

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @eqqfooyoung,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• eqqfooyoung
    eqqfooyoung Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine,

I just tried what you suggested, but unfortunately I'm still having the same problem. Some sort of a copyright notice is showing in the dropdown list instead of my phone number or email address. Is it possible this is some sort of mapping issue on the back end?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @eqqfooyoung,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps and providing more information.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• eqqfooyoung
    eqqfooyoung Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine,

Sure. I also included a screenshot showing what's in the dropdown. Looking at the screenshots below, I would expect my phone number or email address to show up in the dropdown list as opposed to a copyright notice. Again… seems like a mapping issue on the backend. Is there some way to escalate this to someone at Quicken or Ameren?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @eqqfooyoung,

Thank you for providing those screenshots.

Due to the nature of this error, I recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.