Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for [financial institution]

jwpeters207
jwpeters207 Quicken Mac Subscription Member
edited September 2023 in Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

I have seen several threads raising the issue of being unable to connect and download information from a financial institution and a dialogue box that says, "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for [financial institution name]. The threads and comments all indicate "closed" but without a solution indicated. I have been unable to find a solution. Is there a solution to this problem? The usefulness of Quicken is degraded significantly if I can't download financial information. Thanks for your assistance.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @jwpeters207,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Navy Federal Credit Union? Or, what is the connection method that you are currently trying to connect with? You can see this by clicking Advanced Options when on the sign-in page. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• donbellamy
    donbellamy Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Having this same issue, unable to add new accounts.

• donbellamy

Here's a screenshot.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭

I know this is a Q Mac thread, but I wanted to make it clear to the "powers that be" that this is happening with Q Win also.

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Unfortunately, the "powers that be" likely aren't seeing these posts. You may want to contact Quicken Support to report the problem.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • donbellamy

Tried again today adding new accounts, same error as before. Do the Quicken engineers do testing before rolling out updates? This seems like an issue with one of the latest updates and needs to be fixed asap.

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@donbellamy Of course Quicken does testing. And on major releases, they submit pre-release versions to beta testing users to try to verify smooth operation or discover bugs. But even with testing, Quicken staff doesn't have accounts for testing at every financial institution, and even where they do, they don't have the range of account, securities and holdings that users do. Additionally, connectivity problems often take place in the back-end, not with the code in the desktop app. Many times, the problem needs to be fixed by Intuit, who proves the connectivity services, and Quicken has no direct control beyond reporting the problem and asking for a fix. Unfortunately, because they do not have a system of transparency with their users about connectivity issues, users never know where the problem lies, nor when they hope to have a fix in place.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • donbellamy

It's not just specific financial institutions, the error occurs with any new account I try. Banks tried include Discover Card, Wells Fargo Card, GM Rewards Card, and several others.

• Michael Dulaney
    Michael Dulaney Member ✭✭✭

I'm having the same problem. Using the login credentials I use to log in to online banking, when I try to connect to download new transactions I am either getting the "Did you mis-type your sign in info" error message. I disconnected my accounts and tried to re-set them back up but am unable to connect either through "Quicken Account aggregation Service" or using "Direct Connect. I even set up new accounts at a new financial institution and trying to add them to my "Quicken for Mac" data file, I get the same errors. I had two long sessions with "Support" with two separate Case #s generated with and was told that my issue was being "Escalated" but nothing is happening. I am getting so tired of hand entering every transaction with my financial institution. My connection to my "Insurance provider" for VISA transactions and Vanguard are working fine.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

@Michael Dulaney I am having the same issue with Q Win. I called support last Monday, got a case number and I was told someone would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. Its been a week and I haven't heard back. I plan to call again tomorrow. This was my 4th call on this issue. The first three they closed immediately after the call. With this 4th call I was told it was being escalated to "tier 3". But again, it's been a week and I haven't heard back. So tomorrow it's the fifth call, and I have a feeling I will get a 5th case number for the same issue. My first call to them was on 8/3 and it took a while to get them to understand the issue. But I am hoping the 5th call will produce results.

• Michael Dulaney

Thanks for upping the pressure on them to fix the problem. It's interesting that the old "Tropubleshooting" technique of disconnecting one's account from your financial institution and they attempting to re-set it back up is the equivalent of shooting oneself in the foot. Kiss your ability to download transactions "Goodbye"!!! I gave my old Credit union all kinds of grief for their rollout of a new "Core Banking System" and now it seems like the problem is with Protocol Handshaking between Quicken and either "Quicken account aggregation Service or Direct Connect". I want to know who is responsible for these two entities. I want, and expect systems I pay for to "Work" when I want them to. Pretty unreasonable, Huh?

• Michael Dulaney

Quicken for Mac has gotten the right people tackling the problem and have fixed almost all the problems. I can now Download transactions from my Credit Union into my Quicken for Mac with "Account aggregation services" but "Direct Connect" still errors out. I had opened new accounts at another Credit Union and was able to successfully add the accounts from there to my Quicken file and download the transactions for initial deposits. My insurance provider allows users to enter their credentials for their banking account and their website will connect and download (I never really paid attention to how much data they would display) at least a couple of weeks of transactions. That system is still not working so maybe Quicken is having to address each users financial institutions problem. What a nightmare. At least my stuff is working and all it took was 2 1/2 months of dumping on the front line support folks to get the pampered upper echelons to acknowledge there's a problem and look into it. Sometimes it's a good day!!!😀

Doesn't it make you wonder what it takes to get an organization to acknowledge their work isn't as perfect as they think and when you can get their attention (After 2 1/2 months) of having to manually enter all transactions and chase down the errors that introduced.

• Unknown
    edited August 2023
    This content has been removed.
This discussion has been closed.