Sell before Buy on Investment Downloads

Options
Ramias
Ramias Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Investing (Mac)

I have some managed accounts and on some days there can be a ton of individual buy/sells. Not sure how these are ordered in the file the broker provides, but when they show in Quicken with the Buys first, the account register shows a negative balance until it shows the Sell.

Is there a way to force this to show the Sells first?

Yes, I can reorder these one at a time via drag and drop, but I can't multi-select and then reorder.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Ramias,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, the feature you seek is not currently offered. However, if you wish to request this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can rearrange transactions manually by drag & drop and it will remember the order you put them in. I don't think there's any way to tell Quicken to automatically sort each day's transactions to put positive transactions before negative ones.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.