Update to Verson R51.12

Options
12thraven
12thraven Member

I just did this this morning and it really jacked up my accounts. Opening balance dates on some accounts go all the way back to 2003 in some cases (even though the QDF file wasn't created until years after that), and a few of them are correct. When I try to install a previous version, it works for a moment until the "Cloud Synch" kicks in, and then it gets ruined again. I can't figure out either what happened, or how to fix it. Anyone else have this problem - or have a fix?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @12thraven,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If the problem started immediately after you updated your Quicken program, I would recommend restoring a backup from just before the program update and testing if the issue persists in that newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Also, do you have Mobile & Web Sync turned on? If you do and if you are not using either of them, I suggest you turn off Sync (Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = OFF).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can turn Sync back on, but do Not let it sync when asked.

Instead, Reset the Cloud File and again do Not let it sync first. That will delete the existing cloud file and create one that reflects the current status of your data file.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@12thraven - I'm glad to hear you got the issue resolved.

After completing what @markus1957 suggested, if you want/need to use QMobile and/or QWeb, you will need to keep Mobile & Web Sync ON.

But if you are not using QMobile or QWeb, it is recommended to turn Mobile & Web Sync OFF. In general, Mobile & Web Sync being turned ON is only needed if you use QMobile or QWeb. Otherwise, it is better to keep it turned off.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @12thraven,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If the problem started immediately after you updated your Quicken program, I would recommend restoring a backup from just before the program update and testing if the issue persists in that newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Also, do you have Mobile & Web Sync turned on? If you do and if you are not using either of them, I suggest you turn off Sync (Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = OFF).

• 12thraven
    12thraven Member
    Options

Thank you both. I discovered a work-around very similar to what both of you describe. With Synch turned off, the back-up file that I open does stay intact. I've now made it my primary file. Unfortunately, I'm afraid to turn Sync back on now - but the important thing is that I'm now operating on a file that is accurate.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can turn Sync back on, but do Not let it sync when asked.

Instead, Reset the Cloud File and again do Not let it sync first. That will delete the existing cloud file and create one that reflects the current status of your data file.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@12thraven - I'm glad to hear you got the issue resolved.

After completing what @markus1957 suggested, if you want/need to use QMobile and/or QWeb, you will need to keep Mobile & Web Sync ON.

But if you are not using QMobile or QWeb, it is recommended to turn Mobile & Web Sync OFF. In general, Mobile & Web Sync being turned ON is only needed if you use QMobile or QWeb. Otherwise, it is better to keep it turned off.

This discussion has been closed.