Bank of America credit card account not showing up on list to link

Options
Mahesh Krishnan
Mahesh Krishnan Member ✭✭

Hello All:

I have an active credit card account with BofA and when I tried to add it to quicken that account does not show up on that final screen that lists all the accounts from BofA I can link to.

I have tried the process 2 or 3 times with no luck.

Anyone else face this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Mahesh

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Mahesh Krishnan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when attempting to link your credit card account?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mahesh Krishnan
    Options

Hello:

I did try out a few things, and everything appears to work when I start a new Quicken file.

So, there are no errors. When I get to the final screen where it shows all the accounts from BofA that can be linked it does not show me 2 credit card accounts that are active in BofA. I just do not know how to link them now unless I create a brand new Quicken file.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Mahesh Krishnan,

Thank you for providing more information.

Do you have some accounts that are already set up for online downloads with Bank of America?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mahesh Krishnan
    Options

yes I do. I am thinking some settings in the existing connection is preventing it from showing me all the accounts; that is all I can assume.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If it is seeing those accounts on the financial institution side, but not allowing you to link them to the correct names in Quicken, the main things that would cause that is if it is seeing an incorrect account type or if those names you're trying to link to think they are already connected to another account. To check if the accounts in Quicken already think they're connected, go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. If you see a Financial Institution name in the Financial Institution column, then Quicken thinks that account is connected.

If the accounts think they're connected, you would need to backup your file, deactivate the accounts, then connect the accounts by going to Accounts>Add Account and following the prompts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.