Quicken is crashing during one step update with Schwab. How to fix?

Options
woodinlb
woodinlb Member ✭✭

One step update was working fine on Saturday Aug. 12 when I updated transactions on all of my Schwab accounts. Now it is not working. How to fix this.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @woodinlb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First, are you only seeing this while trying to update Schwab accounts, or have you checked to see if this also happens while trying to update accounts with other financial institutions?

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• woodinlb
    woodinlb Member ✭✭
    Options

Anja,

I followed your instructions 1 through 6. I then did a one step update. It appeared that all accounts at financial institutions except for accounts at Schwab updated. I then tried updating just accounts at Schwab. The update process got to "Processing Data" and then screen went black and was not responsive.

Do you have any further suggestions to fix this?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you for following up, though I apologize for the delay in my response.

Next, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• woodinlb
    woodinlb Member ✭✭
    Options

Anja,

I did this and Schwab is still not downloading transactions. I also worked with Leo at Customer Support and he said that he was going to escalate this issue. He gave me this case number 10419892. Should I call Customer Support on Monday?

I await your further assistance to get this issue fixed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I can see when you spoke to Quicken Support, they focused on the issue of Schwab transactions not downloading. When you are trying to download from Schwab, does Quicken close out on its own, does it freeze until you force close the program, or is something else happening? When did you first notice this issue?

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend checking to make sure you don't have any inactive or closed accounts that are still trying to connect. To do that, first, backup your Quicken file. Then go to Tools>Account List and check the Transaction Download column for each of your accounts. If it says "Yes" in that column, then Quicken thinks the account is connected.

If there are any closed or inactive accounts that are still trying to connect, you would want to close or deactivate those accounts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• woodinlb
    woodinlb Member ✭✭
    Options

I deactivated and reactivated all of the Schwab accounts. I then reset the cloud data and then logged out and back in. I think that may have fixed the problem but I will have to wait until there are transactions to download.

• woodinlb
    woodinlb Member ✭✭
    Options

After doin everything in my previous post, I am still not getting transactions from Schwab

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I can see that you reached out to Quicken Support today. Were they able to help you resolve the issue?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• woodinlb
    woodinlb Member ✭✭
    Options

I think so. Charlie was very helpful. Hopefully his instructions will solve the problem long term.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear Quicken Support was able to help. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.