Is Quicken ever going to add automatic online payments to Bill Manager?

Options
Dennis6@
Dennis6@ Member ✭✭✭

I am a very long-term user of Quicken and used the Bill Pay system for years before Bill Manager was introduced. I converted to Bill Manager immediately when it was introduced. It has been a disappointment in many ways but my specific question at this time is as stated above. I need to know if the function will ever be added or if I should just migrate over to the billers auto-pay system where applicable.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

IMHO, you might be better off using the billers' or credit card companies' Autopay, Direct Debit, APS or whatever they call it system to automate your monthly payments. Let the billers' computers do most of the work for you.

In Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record each payment when you are notified of a new statement having arrived.

I've been using this method for many years and so far I never missed a payment … yet …

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @Dennis6@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

While this is not currently offered with Quicken Bill Manager, what you can do to request this feature to be added in the future, is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dennis6@
    Dennis6@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Anja -

Thank you for responding. I will do what you suggest. However, as you may know, this is not a new idea. The system Quicken used before they went to Bill Manager had this feature.

• Dennis6@
    Dennis6@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did as you suggested above. Here is input on another subject. You recently posted that connection with LPL and possibly other brokerage companies will be blocked until you fix a problem with what I call Direct Connect. Please note: I am a long-time user of both Quicken and LPL. There were problems with Direct Connect with LPL years ago and after numerous interactions with both LPL and Quicken I just stopped using Direct Connect and just downloaded from LPL and ported over to Quicken. This worked well and still does (as of today, after you blocked Direct Connect). So, from my perspective, there has always been a problem direct connecting to LPL but downloading and porting over works fine. Note: LPL has a place that says specifically "Download to Quicken". If you click on that everything you need from all included accounts comes over with no problem. The download is accomplished through your browser, outside of Quicken, but the data goes directly into Quicken so it is almost as easy as Direct Connect was and it works.

This discussion has been closed.