Register sound change?

Options
jtgdc
jtgdc Member ✭✭

[Windows 11, Quicken R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12}

The ka-ching sound when saving a transaction changed from a normal cash register sound to a deep, scratchy-throat cash register sound for me a couple of days ago. Just me? Can the original sound be restored? Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jtgdc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Is the sound working properly with other applications/programs on your computer?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jtgdc
    jtgdc Member ✭✭
    Options

There was an overnight unexpected reboot, which I imagine was prompted by Microsoft Edge. Other sounds on my computer seem to be the same as always. Thank you for looking into this issue.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Something has got scrambled in your program and probably the easiest thing to do is to download whatever update you're on here:

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

and re-install the program.

You can try another approach if you wish:

1. Press the Windows button and "R" simultaneously
    2. In the Run box type in mmsys.cpl
    3. In the widow that comes up click on the "Sounds" tab
    4. Scroll down to the "Quicken" section and select "Record"
    5. In the drop-down list under "Sounds:" select "qrecord.WAB"
    6. You can "Test" the sound to make sure it's the one you want. If it is, click on the "Apply" button

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or have you rebooted your computer? Try closing Quicken (and any other open programs), powering off your computer, wait a couple minutes and turn back it back on.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• mrpergo
    mrpergo Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

mine is gone too

This discussion has been closed.