changing spend Category deletes spend on Budget report (Q Mac)

Options
Gabriel647
Gabriel647 Member ✭✭

budget report spend totals were correct for both category and total. Then on transaction screen corrected the spend category from Home Supplies to Home Improvement. However the Budget report reduced Total spend for the Month, Home Supplies reduced without Home Improvement increasing. Why is this and what's the fix?

Quicken Version 7.2.1 (Build 702.49920.100)

macOS13.0

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Gabriel647,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Have you restarted Quicken and/or restarted your computer after you noticed the issue?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gabriel647
    Gabriel647 Member ✭✭
    Options

hello Kristina, in answer to your questions:

the version of Quicken for Mac and the Mac operating system is listed at the bottom of my question.

this issue started with the first budget we created the day I posted my question.

I’ve restarted my computer several times since we noticed the problem

thank you

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you quit Quicken before restarting the computer?
    There might be a difference if the Quicken program is restarted and not just resumed from a stored status.

• Gabriel647
    Gabriel647 Member ✭✭
    Options

yes quit the Quicken program before turning off computer.
    Confirmed all programs are updated.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We'll need a real Q Mac expert user to chime in here …

Until someone does, can you create image snapshots of what you're seeing and attach them to your next comment, please?
    That might help us determine what's wrong.

This discussion has been closed.