How many Q data files can I have on a Home & Business subscription?

Options
webster108k
webster108k Member
edited September 2023 in Before you Buy

Before purchasing Quicken, will I be able to have a home data file, two separate business data files, and a non-profit data file? Will this be possible on one subscription?

If so, will there be tutorials and support?

Thank you.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes. Unlimited data files. You are just buying the program. You data is kept in a separate data file. Go up to File-New Quicken File. Yes there is support and you can post any questions here.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have had, in the past, 6 Q data files.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The size of your harddrive is the limiting factor on the number of data files you can have.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Just to clarify something: Some people wrongly think that "subscription" means Quicken is now a Cloud-based or Internet-based program. It is not. It is still a computer-based program. So, like most computer-based programs you can create and use as many data files as you want with a single subscription (I'm currently using 13 different files).

Also, since you would be new to Quicken you might want to take advantage of the following:

• Quicken 1-2-3 Team ( https://www.quicken.com/support/help-getting-started-quicken ): You can get 1x1 support from team members who have been specifically trained and put together to assist new customers in getting familiarized with the program and learning how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And unless those 2 businesses file their own separate tax returns (I.e.., they're NOT on your return), they don't need separate Q files.

The non-profit WILL need a separate file.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.