Investment Security name grayed out on Sell transactions when using Dark Mode (edit) (Q Mac)

Options
Craig S
Craig S Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)

Original discussion was closed as I did not provide the needed data in a timely manner… This is the second try with additional data…

Original thread:

Noticed recently that when entering Investment security Sell transactions that the Security name is grayed out (low intensity visibility). Makes it difficult to read/verify when entering new transactions. Do not see this issue when entering other transaction types (i.e. Buys, Dividends, Misc. Expenses, etc.). Believe this was a recently added change/bug…

Data appears normal in register after sell transaction saved.

The security type was a Stock (existing stock that I have been invested in for some time - not a new stock). 

Also using "Dark mode" on my Mac OS desk top which does in fact make a difference. Security name is not an issue when running in Light mode. In Quicken General Settings also using - Appearance: Use System Appearance (which is Dark Mode in my case). If I change the Appearance setting to Light mode this is not an issue. Prefer dark mode as it's easier for me to read.

The issue does not prevent me from proceeding… It's just that the security is difficult to read when trying to confirm my data entry.

Mac OS 13.4.1 c

Quicken Premier Version 7.2.1 (Build 702.49920.100)

For Sell transactions (notice security name is almost unreadable):

For other transactions types (ex. Buy, Dividends, etc.) the name appears normal in Dark mode… (notice security name is readable):

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Interesting. I am able to replicate this. No idea why only Sell and Sell Bonds transaction types would cause this.

You can report using menu Help > Report a Problem, but you will not get any feedback using that method. You can also contact Quicken Support and have them screen share so you can demo the issue directly to them.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-7520)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.