Scheduled mortgage payment not reflected on cash balance forecast

Options
DMadso
DMadso Member

I have been using Quicken for 20+ years, so it is unusual for me not to have figured out how to fix this problem.

I setup a new mortgage and the related payment as an offline account. Quicken correctly calculated the P&I & the payment schedule including the escrow payment and additional principal amounts I intend to pay each month. However, the full payment amount is not reflected on the cash account balance forecast graph. The graph only reflects the escrow portion of the payment, not the P&I. Interestingly, the full mortgage payment amount (P&I plus escrow) appears correctly on the bill & income calendar.

Suggestions on how to fix?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @DMadso,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? Are you able to provide screenshots to illustrate what is happening (with personal information obscured or blurred)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DMadso
    DMadso Member
    Options

Hi Kristina, Thank you for getting back to me. I am using the subscription version of Quicken (Version R51.12 HF1). I just noticed the problem as I was setting up a new mortgage loan this week. Below is a screen shot of the account balance graph, the bill & income calendar & the loan payment. I have the loan payment scheduled for the 2nd of the month so it is clear that it is not reflected on the account forecast graph.

The November 1 bar shows $13,074.41, November 2 shows a balance of $12,595.26, a reduction of $479.15, which represents only the escrow portion of the monthly mortgage payment. The full payment including P&I is $4,000.00. The November 2 bar should reflect a balance of $9,074.41.

The amounts appearing on November 2 in the bill & income calendar are correct. The graph below does not reflect the full scheduled mortgage loan payment of $4,000

Below is a screenshot of the scheduled loan payment reminder and the split transaction panel:

Thank you for your help!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply and for the screenshots,

I attempted to replicate the issue in my Quicken, but when I set up a mortgage loan the same way, it reflected correctly for me. To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• DMadso
    DMadso Member
    Options

Thanks Kristina,

I attempted both the Validate File & Super Validate File functions two times each.

Once before deleting the payment reminder and again after deleting the payment reminder/re-establish the payment reminder.

The account balance graph still does not reflect the scheduled payment - Not sure why it is not working.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step to troubleshoot the issue is to restore a backup from before the issue started and test to see if the issue persists in the backup.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.