When I reconcile my credit card, the Paid window does not show any paid amount

Options
susanmats
susanmats Member ✭✭

This has happened to me several times. Usually I resolve it by going back and redoing the entire past credit card statement. However, this time it's not working. Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem??

Thank you ahead of time for your help.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @susanmats,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Could you please provide more information on what is happening? Which window are you referring to as the "paid" window? Is it the window asking if you intend to pay or paid by check (printed check or hand written)? Is it the window asking if the payment matches up with a scheduled transaction that it sees? Or is it a different window?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• susanmats
    susanmats Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Kristina. The 'paid' window is actually the 'credit' window in the reconciliation process. It usually shows the last payment and any credits. However, when I opened reconciliation for my Visa credit card, there was no payment listed, even after successfully reconciled the statement the previous month. I have meantime reconciled an MC and Amex with no issues. What am I doing wrong??

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Did you check your account register to verify that it is seeing the payment(s) and any applicable credits? When you reconcile, are you comparing to online balance or to statement balance? Do you update your account manually, or do you download/import the data from your financial institution?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• susanmats
    susanmats Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I do see the payments and credits. I go by the statement balance each time. Have been doing this for decades and only recently has this become an issue. I can usually go back a month and straighten it out by re-reconsiling; however, that doesn't seem to be working this time. ?? I update manually.

Thank you!

• susanmats
    susanmats Member ✭✭
    Options

I use a virtual machine to migrate to Windows on my iMac. Could this be a part of the problem? I recently had to do some reconfiguring on my virtual machine because of problems there. Do you suggest that I purchase Quicken for Mac to avoid the back and forth?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Which software do you use for the Virtual Machine? I wouldn't expect it to be the source of the problem, but there is a slight chance reconfiguring may have impacted your Quicken. Did you do any of the reconfiguring with Quicken open?

Your subscription gives you access to both Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac. You wouldn't need to pay anything extra, nor does Quicken limit how many devices you can have it installed on. That said, if you use the Home and Business version of Quicken, please be aware that Quicken for Mac does not yet have the Business and Rental Property functions that Quicken for Windows does. If you want to try Quicken for Mac, you can download it by going to www.quicken.com/activate. This article provides the information you would need to convert your file.

To continue troubleshooting the issue you're running into, are you willing to post screenshots (with any personal information blurred or obscured) of some of the transactions that aren't showing up in the reconcile, the screen showing the date range your reconcile is covering, and what you are seeing in the reconcile screen itself? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• susanmats
    susanmats Member ✭✭
    Options

kristina,

Thank you for your patience! I have now gone back 2 months and was able to delete all the reconciled charges and payments and re-enter. This resolved my problem except for now having 2 amounts in the 'credit' column. One current and one past/reconciled?? Anyway, again thank you. I shall head to the links you provided for the Mac version of Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.