Reports with time intervals and date ranges

Options
Anil
Anil Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I have been using some reports (net worth etc.). Off late the reports are showing incorrect data range and intervals. For ex : when I select the date range as Custom to date from 1/1/2016 to current date and save the report. When I open the report the next time, it shows a random date as 1/1/2008 instead of the one I saved. And regarding the interval, when I save the interval as Yearly, the report shows half year (see screenshot). What am I missing ? I tried re-creating the report and it is still the same.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Anil,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some time ago Quicken added a Daily interval option for some reports. Reports that were saved before this option was added will often use the wrong interval.

Try re-creating and saving the report. Does that fix the problem?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I recreated the report from scratch and it seems to have solved the issue. I am not sure what caused the issue in the first place. Thanks for your help.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It appears that what happened was this:

The interval selection is made from a dropdown list. Quicken sets the interval based on which item number you select, not the name of the interval. Prior to introducing the Daily interval, the choices were

1. none
    2. Week
    3. Two weeks
    4. Half month
    5. Month
    6. etc

After they introduced the Daily interval, the choices were

1. none
    2. Day
    3. Week
    4. Two weeks
    5. Half month
    6. Month
    7. etc

If in your saved report the interval was Month (5), when you opened that report with the new software version, the saved choice 5 would set the interval to half month instead.

This programming error would make it work OK for newly created and saved reports but get the interval wrong for reports saved using an older version.

QWin Premier subscription
  • BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Disruptive]

This discussion has been closed.