DISCOVER CARD setup online gives error unable to connect to QUICKEN servers

Options
Kerry
Kerry Member ✭✭✭

Recently all my bank and credit cards required FIX IT in order to download transactions. All work except DISCOVER CARD. Reset completely deactivated the account. All attempts to set up online updates again have failed even after asking my challenge questions. The message is NOT to contact Discover as they cannot fix it. Unable to contact QUICKEN SERVERS. Try again later. Has been an issue for a week. Once again, features that have worked for years no longer work. This product is becoming unusable after 25+ years of use.

Comments

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

tried to delete this post myself. It should be WINDOWS not MAC

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Kerry,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

I went ahead and moved your post to the appropriate Windows category.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the error screen you receive while attempting to connect to Discover? If needed please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

screenshot

• Gme2000
    Gme2000 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Kerry & @Gme2000,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the error still continues to persist.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Gme2000
    Gme2000 Member ✭✭
    Options

I followed the recommended steps and still receive this message.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gme2000,

Thank you for providing more information.

Due to the previous troubleshooting steps having failed and the nature of the error message that you are receiving, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday. Please keep in mind that Support is closed Monday September 4th for Labor Day.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gme2000
    Gme2000 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was finally able to reconnect my Discover Card account by selecting the "Back" button on the Activate One Step Update Screen after I received the "Oops. We're having a problem." warning.

The screen for "Search for your financial institution" appeared and I selected Discover from there. (See screen shots)

• Quicken Anja
    Options

@Gme2000 thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. 🙂

-Quicken Anja

• karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I'll be this worked for me. Can you please pin this somewhere @Quicken Anja? I am thinking that it allows you to pick the right website for discover card when you click the back button, whereas before it was trying to connect to the wrong site maybe? But there are lots of people still not able to get their transactions from Discover.

This discussion has been closed.