Venmo - FDP-106 (QMAC)

Options
ajswire
ajswire Member ✭✭

I get an error on Venmo downloads. This may have corresponded when I recently moved my Venmo balance back to my bank account, but I want to see if others have the issues.

Comments

• dgates12
    dgates12 Member
    Options

yep, same error here. started 2 days ago. 😐️

• Eli Sherer
    Eli Sherer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

More of the same here… Ugh

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Same on my end as well. Also started 2 days ago.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LeeManPA
    LeeManPA Member ✭✭
    Options

My Quicken stopped connecting to Venmo on Tuesday (August 29th). Venmo saw the Quicken connection attempts as hacking and disabled my account. After speaking with a rep, I was told my account would be accessible in 24 hours. I was able to sign into my account with Mobile app and web browser, but Quicken fails with Account Mis-match error. I know the credentials are correct as I can sign in with other methods, just not Quicken. I deactivated the connection to Venmo and started again with no luck. Any words of wisdom?

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Thanks @Quicken Anja! I reported this yesterday (8/30/23) and today (8/31/23) while on the phone with support, so there should be two submissions from my account that can be used to investigation this problem.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It looks like you already started a discussion for this same issue here:

Here is another discussion of the same issue. A Quicken Community moderator commented saying they are investigating the issue and asked users to submit reports to help in their investigation. See discussion below:

• LeeManPA
    LeeManPA Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here.

• TQue
    TQue Member ✭✭
    Options

My Venmo login through Quick also stopped working around Aug 29th. I disconnected and tried to reconnect and get the following error. "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Venmo." I am cutting/pasting my credential from my password app. It logs me in successfully to venmo.com on Chrome. Funny thing is I'm getting a different error when I log in to venmo.com on Firefox "OAuth2 Exception: Unauthorized action.."

I'm thinking the issue may be Venmo…. my App is working fine on my phone.

Go figure??

• Atiehd2
    Atiehd2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. For sure this is an issue on the Venmo side since I cannot even log in from the Venmo website or iPhone….same error is displayed "OAuth2 Exception: Unauthorized action..". I called Venmo and they said my account was locked for a "security issue" and to try again in 24 hours. I believe something changed in the way Quicken is trying to connect to Venmo which is flagging this as a security issue on the Venmo side. @Quicken Anja - Has the team responsible for the Venmo connection been notified of this problem.

• vandusensa
    vandusensa Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having this same problem with downloading and syncing with our Venmo Account.. Hope they fix it soon… I do a lot with Venmo!

• joy r
    joy r Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue!! Please fix this issue soon, Quicken!

• cklampe
    cklampe Member
    Options

It must be a Quicken Connection problem, I am getting this error:

Care Code: CC-929 (QCS-0429-2). AND I do know my credential are correct.

• Ron
    Ron Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Unable to connect from Quicken Premier OR access venmo from my MacBook air. but i can access venmo and transact from my iPhone. Just got a message from venmo: "It appears your login attempt was declined for security reasons. I know this is inconvenient, but your account security is our top priority. You can attempt to login again in 24 hours.", as noted by others. 

• Frank O'Neil
    Frank O'Neil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Cannot access through Q-Mac. Get an "unauthorized action" error on my MacBook Air, but successful through the iPhone app. Doesn't seem that it's a Quicken problem.

• Steve Canta
    Options

Same Issue. Cannot connect.

• capncrunch
    capncrunch Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue with Venmo CC-503 error

• pnstavrop
    Options

Same issue with Venmo

• jadzia1974
    jadzia1974 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is not a Quicken issue; it is a Venmo issue. Many people, including myself, are locked out of the mobile app with an auth error message ("0Auth2 Exception"). Some people can log into the web, and others can not. It has happened with services using Plaid, Simplifi, and Mint. Check your email to see if you got a message saying there was a login attempt on your account. It started around that time. There has been silence on Venmo's end.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The Venmo website and mobile app work perfectly for me. It is only Quicken that is giving me problems with signing in to Venmo, so I don't think it's safe to assume Quicken isn't part of the problem here.

• jadzia1974
    jadzia1974 Member ✭✭
    Options

Oh, now I am locked out of the website too. I wonder if this is because of 2 factor auth and always requesting a code each time it tries to download transactions.

• Gary Mark
    Gary Mark Member ✭✭
    Options

I received the "OAuth2 exception" message (about the same time) - Venmo kept telling me to try again after 2- or 24-hours without success - the OAuth problem now seems to. be widespread at Venmo with a lot of internet traffic on this - Venmo support techs are completely unhelpful and give the customer a lot of busy-work (uninstall/reinstall, clear cookies, install and use other browsers …) — I believe this is a serious Venmo problem — I have subsequently closed my Venmo account

• Atiehd2
    Atiehd2 Member ✭✭
    Options

The issue seems to now be resolved on the Venmo side.

• Atiehd2
    Atiehd2 Member ✭✭
    Options

However Quicken Connect still does not work. I'm now getting "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Venmo." but for sure I have the correct credentials.

• SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've observed there was the Venmo "outage" (or whatever it was) from 8/28 through 9/8. Now that I'm able to log back into my Venmo account, when I try to do the same in Quicken I get a message saying/implying that I don't have my Venmo credentials correct. I think the problem is now back with Quicken and they need to fix something with the connector.

I suppose it's also possible that there's been some sort of massive Venmo security issue and the last thing they are going to fix is 3rd party connectors. Either way, would be nice to get an update from Quicken as to what's happening.

• Atiehd2
    Atiehd2 Member ✭✭
    Options

@SeattleSummer76 - same exact problem with me. @Quicken Anja - any feedback on this?

• ajswire
    ajswire Member ✭✭
    Options

It's still a problem for me. I just sent an error report to Quicken

• vandusensa
    vandusensa Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken needs to update the community on what is happening with resolving this issue.

• joy r
    joy r Member ✭✭
    Options

There's a thread here under known issues about it. But they haven't had an ETA on resolving it since 9-13. 😑

• MarkFQ
    MarkFQ Member
    Options

Same issue here ("Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Venmo."). Id and password are correct; no issue logging in via web or mobile. Connection reliability issues like these make me question my decision to use both Venmo and Quicken!

This discussion has been closed.