Connection to Paypal Credit and Paypal World Mastercard

Options
Shoedog
Shoedog Member

Having problems setting up my PayPal credit and PayPal Master Card to Quicken. in Quicken I connection and receive my code by text message. I enter the code and it processes for a minute and then I get an error message about a problem with my credentials and taken back to the enter password screen. I enter my username and password get the message about sending a text message with a code - enter the code and again a problem with my credentials. Endless cycle. It was working fine then after latest quicken update it stopped working (again). Same thing happen earlier this year. or course PayPal said it is Quicken issue since my user id and password worked to get the code texted to me.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Shoedog,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you.

(Ticket #10285284/CTP-6494)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And please update that community alert if you are going to send people there. The last update is June 20. Yes, after months of nothing happening with PayPal (at least since May) I now get an error message. So something has changed, but it still doesn't work correctly. If someone could update us on what to do to stop getting this useless pop-up every time I update my accounts that might be helpful. Do I just turn off downloads for PayPal MasterCard? And then maybe someday Quicken could update the alert to tell us they have fixed the problem.

• cs
    cs Member ✭✭
    Options

Today I was able to connect two Paypal Mastercard accounts to Quicken. This is very new, since the same steps did not work yesterday (couldn't get past the 2FA (2-factor-auth) dialog.

• fdelathouder
    Options

I've had the same problem off and on. This last time it started a few weeks ago. I will add a screen shot of what happens when I try to connect.

• ssllii
    ssllii Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been having similar problem with one-click update all accounts. However, if I go to the paypal mastercard account and do "Update now", it completes without doing the 2FA and successfully!

• cs
    cs Member ✭✭
    Options

I can confirm what user ssllii reported: I was able to connect and download two separate Paypal Mastercard accounts, without the 2FA nonsense. About time, too.

• gjelizabeth
    gjelizabeth Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have Quicken on my Mac and am now unable to connect to PayPal Credit, Mastercard, and Crypto, starting yesterday. I had no problems before that. Not particularly tech-savvy and doing the quick-ask thing only got me the information that Quicken doesn't connect to all financial institutions and I should check in again in the future. Arrrgh!

[Merged Post]

• Peyton Chambers
    Options

I am having an issue connecting to the PayPal Credit, Mastercard, crypto connection. It will not pull my transaction feed for my cashback Mastercard. This is occurring within Mint and Quicken and started two days ago. PayPal blames Synchrony, Synchrony says there isn’t a problem, Quicken and Intuit blame PayPal/Synchrony. This is super frustrating because my PayPal Mastercard is my primary card. Please get this issue resolved!!

• Shoedog
    Shoedog Member
    Options

Was working fine for a couple of weeks now I have been getting this message every time I connect. I have reset password and problems continues. 4 Days now.

Connection to PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto. is unavailable right now. Please try again later. If this error persists for more than 24 hours, please contact Quicken care. (STATUS_TERMINATION_TIMEOUT)

Checked the details on the error message and said the problem was on quicken's side with quicken connect.

• bix6
    bix6 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

There are 2 PayPal Account Connection types. I was setup on the "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" type for the MasterCard but it is no longer connecting and telling me "Quicken couldn't find any accounts to add".

If I link with the "PayPal" account type it links and pulls data down but that is my PayPal account, not my Credit Card account.

How do I resolve this?

I see some old feeds talking about this but it's weird because it was working for me and now it is not which means this is new as of the last few weeks.

Quicken Classic Deluxe

Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100)

macOS 14.0

[Merged Post]

• Marydale
    Marydale Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issues as reported here, was finally working for a short time, then about two weeks ago the errors started. When trying to reconnect I receive the same error as user fdelathouder above.

• lmendezrom
    lmendezrom Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been the most annoying problem with trying to reconnect PayPal. It has not worked since maybe March 2023. I deleted and tried to add the account back in and this is what I get. I have seen many posts on this problem, but nothing is changing. Does anyone know of a workaround?

• Paul15
    Paul15 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Same problem since 10/15/2023 lmendezrom. This is ridiculous!! If it's not MY fault, then it must be Quicken's fault, but they don't seem to care. User since Quicken v1.

• arvali
    arvali Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have the same problem. Everything was working fine until I downloaded and installed a Quicken update on 10/16 (currently R52.33 Build 27.1.52.33 Windows 11 Home). Downloads stopped working the day of, and after about a week, I tried to deactivate online services, and re-setup. I have been getting the same error as shown in the @Paul15 screenshot. The exact same thing happened when I downloaded and installed an update back in June. I got it to get working again after trying several times a week, and one day it magically got fixed, but it broke again after the latest Quicken update.

This is definitely not a Mac only issue.

• Hogie
    Hogie Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I am having the same problem. Windows, Quicken Classic Deluxe. [Removed - Rant] I've been left hanging without a connection to my primary checking/savings (BECU) account for most of a year. [Removed - Rant/Language]

• Bigheadedpig
    Bigheadedpig Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Language/Unhelpful]

• Paul15
    Paul15 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Speculation]

• bix6
    bix6 Member ✭✭
    Options

Is there an expected timeline to resolution? Quicken support told me this is being worked on but given some people have experienced this issue for months it doesn't seem to be a priority.

Is there a workaround in the meantime?

• sschwemm
    sschwemm Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m having the same issues. An expected timeframe for resolution would be helpful

• Shoedog
    Shoedog Member
    Options

I tired to reconnect today and was able to connect to PayPal Master card. PayPal credit is not showing up but I've got at least one downlading and updating.

This discussion has been closed.