Server Outage (QWIN) [Edited]

Options

Long time user. Everything worked fine on 8/19. Today, nothing will download from any account

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have identified a server issue and our teams are working to resolve it as quickly as possible! We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again,

While our teams work to resolve this server outage, please refer to this Community Alert for any updates and information as they become available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Robert
    Robert Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Me too. Direct connect accounts seem to download, but one-step update is frozen on the express web connect accounts…….frustrating.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I'm also in the middle of a > 10 minute OSU. About to stop process in Task Manager. There might be an outage.

• irasend1
    irasend1 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Same problem here. Quicken server must be down.

• cowdogman
    cowdogman Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here on Windows 11.

• mikeclark5132
    Options

mine will download brokeage accts…and hang on bank, credit card accts as of 9-1-23

• hlhowie
    hlhowie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Have gotten several error messages while trying to download transactions to Chase Credit Cards. The error messages are different every time I try…but most of them report an error on Quicken's servers. Is quicken aware of this?

[Merged Post]

• mattys
    mattys Member ✭✭
    Options

It would just hang for me, after about 30 mins I killed the process. I tried a manual download to see if it was just one bank causing the issue, and one step update completes; however, no new transactions, when I KNOW there are some undownloaded ones. I went to the bank's website and manually downloaded just to prove functionality and that worked.

• mattys
    mattys Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

There are a few threads on this right now. Not sure if they know, but the user community is talking about it. [Edited - Readability]

[Merged Post]

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, my OSU is at 45 minutes and just sitting there. I killed Quicken via task manager and retried. Now at 30 minutes and still just "waiting". Obviously a Quicken server problem, IMO.

• jimfay
    jimfay Member
    Options

Things seem to be working again.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have identified a server issue and our teams are working to resolve it as quickly as possible! We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• michelle282
    Options

This is affecting me as well. Thankfully a moderator commented that this is a server issue.

• michelle282
    Options

Thank you for letting us know.

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

SEVERAL accounts today returning error CC-501 message today. Now what?

• mjfurey
    mjfurey Member ✭✭
    Options

I've noticed slowness of late, ever since I needed to change my Discover download type a week or so ago, but today was longer than it's ever been. I decided to go into each of my accounts and download individually to see which were the offenders. During the One Step Update, Fidelity always updates first and separate from the others. No problem there. My checking and most of my card accounts weren't an issue. However, Charles Schwab, Chase and Discover each just kept spinning and I needed to task manager out of the app each time. I know there was a recent change with Discover downloads but Schwab and Chase never seemed to be an issue previously. Any ideas are welcome!

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also seeing this issue for the first time this morning. Took 15-20 min with numerous accounts throwing errors and/or failing to update.

• mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

For first time ever I think I am seeing this issue this morning. Yesterday, OSU normal speed. Today it has been 25 minutes and has completed two of seven accounts, seems stuck on Updtae bills…”requesting.” Little circle next to One Step Update window title still spinning and program showing CPU activity in Task Manager. Going to wait it out and see if it completes. I believe I am using the latest windows premier version.

completed after about 30 minutes with 501 errors on most but not all credit card accounts. i then tried individual account updates which worked normally. i’m chalking it up to a temporary glitch in some bank/credit card interface layer somewhere.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again,

While our teams work to resolve this server outage, please refer to this Community Alert for any updates and information as they become available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue this morning. Had to use Task Manager……. My FI's are diferent than others are posting so it's not the FI's…. too many different FI's….

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• barrygodofsky
    Options

9/1/23 having issues with Web Connect. Using Windows 10 on PC. Morning routine is to check multiple bank and CC accounts daily via Web Connect. Have done it flawlessly daily for years. Today it won't open. Spent hour on phone with tech rep. Tried everything, no dice. Finally, she says she got a memo saying this is a system wide issue and please wait 24 hours. I can't believe they're not getting hundreds of calls on this issue, or am I the only person in the USA using web connect? Is anybody else having this issue? Thx.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue this morning. Had to use Task Manager…..

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Peter Van Acker
    Peter Van Acker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Why does Quicken have a system failure virtually every time there is a USA holiday weekend?

[Merged Post]

• Wil
    Wil Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here … in attempting to update several times, updates were slow as mud … when finished, keep getting CC-501 errors on numerous accounts (credit cards, checking, savings, Paypal) … oddly, other accounts (brokerage, etc.) updated fine.

• Wayne Daren
    Wayne Daren Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list. A few accounts worked, most did not. Same CC501 error as the others.

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here on multiple accounts and files. CC-501

• 932Scooter419
    Options

One-step updates failed repeatedly this morning around 7:30 a.m. Pacific Time, but it just worked (slowly) around 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

I like to complain as much as the next guy, but it looks like whatever problem was fixed.

• mattys
    mattys Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Just tried again and am still getting failure across all accounts. I can't add a new account either. Poop. [Edited - Readability]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

The server issue should now be resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Matt Herndon
    Matt Herndon Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Still not working for me.

(Never mind - it worked, but took about 5 minutes to update.)

• mattys
    mattys Member ✭✭
    Options

Apparently not, I've requested support on another issue and I'm being told the issue is still ongoing, but everyone says it's fixed!

This discussion has been closed.