All Retirement Accounts Showing Incorrect Balances

Options
System
System Member admin
edited October 2023 in Investing (Mac)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Fidelity Account Disappeared - Mac Version.

Comments

• kat.nel
    kat.nel Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes. Quicken, please give an update. All of my retirement accounts are showing wrong balances now: Schwab, Vanguard, Fidelity.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @kat.nel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Schwab, Vanguard, and Fidelity? Do they all share the same connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download from these institutions? Are transactions appearing correctly? When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kat.nel
    kat.nel Member ✭✭
    Options

No error messages. I cannot find the Settings.Downloads>Connection Type.

The Fidelity account has been wrong since June, Schwab and Vanguard since August. I do not know if it occurred after an update or not. I do not check the individual transactions. No error code.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@kat.nel To see the connection type, click on one account in the left sidebar. Then click the Settings icon in the bottom toolbar, or pull down the Accounts menu to Settings. On the Account Settings screen, click on the Downloads tab. There you will see the Connection Type.

You might find it more satisfactory to contact Quicken Support by phone. It's free, and they can screen share with you to see what you're seeing and help troubleshoot your issues. That's often easier than the time lag back-and-forth on this forum.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Alan Grobman
    Alan Grobman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue - Fidelity Netbenefits

• amybutchersf
    Options

I know there are many threads of issues with Quicken and Schwab, so this might not be the answer. But for anyone else out there searching for solutions, here was my recent experience.

Just updated to Quicken Deluxe 7.2.3 for Mac. Prior to update was able to reconcile my accounts from Schwab. After update, in step 2 of the reconciling process (where you clear specific transactions) the info at the top showed an "Online Balance" that matched the Schwab Account Value. The "Quicken Balance" showed just the "cash and cash investments" at Schwab (and no, I didn't have any SWVXX). That meant that the "Difference" I would need to reconcile was equal to the "Market Value" of my Schwab account. Crazy!

But then I found this tangential thread that suggested officially "closing" and not just "hiding" old investment accounts might help.

https://www.quicken.com/support/charles-schwab-accounts-require-authorization-multiple-times

I did have some old ones from TD. So I closed every hidden account that already had a zero balance. Closed means you go to the gear icon to get to settings/display options and click on the "mark account as closed" button. I closed investment accounts, old bank accounts, and some credit cards—all ones that I'd just hidden. Finally, I closed and reopened Quicken, updated all online accounts, and low and behold, the reconcile process worked as it should!

Perhaps this will work for you too. Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.