Webster Bank issue

Options
krobrph
krobrph Member ✭✭

Anyone having an issue with Webster Bank and Quicken saying they no longer allow downloads? They recently merged with Sterling Bank so Im wondering if there is a new way to set this up. Otherwise I need to manually download everything. Help!

Comments

• Hairy
    Hairy Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here.

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

I was on a chat with Quicken and they claim that Webster disabled online services with Quicken. I guess we need to call Webster and ask why. so frustrating

• Hairy
    Hairy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I spoke with Webster. They couldn't see what the problem is today, but promised to follow up, including a contact with Quicken. The person I spoke with suggested that perhaps there was some "housekeeping" that needed to be done.

A quick workaround: I updated transections on my phone app, no problem. The Webster transactions then showed up on my desktop software. Not a good solution, but it works.

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

I spoke with someone too that said she would escalate it but was not remotely apologetic. Lets hope they fix it soon! Thanks for responding. I have never really done quicken on my phone but maybe I should try it. Thanks

• Suse
    Suse Member
    Options

Same issue. Please keep us posted. It is very frustrating. Thanks to the people who have called.

• winter girl
    winter girl Member ✭✭
    Options

Still having same issue, emailed them and also called, going to the bank today to see what is going on.

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

Please report back what someone at the bank says if you can. The first guy I spoke to on the phone suggested that I ask someone at a branch. Unfortunately the closest branch to me is now like 40 min away because so many Webster branches have closed. I was trying to stay with Webster but this may be the last straw for me. Also… as of today I am still getting this error message BUT… it does look like it is downloading transactions for me. So Im not sure what's happening

• winter girl
    winter girl Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, it does look like it is downloading to a degree, so weird. My big issue is that they have not even posted an email telling us that they are having an issue. I spoke to a customer service rep the other day that had no idea what financial software was, totally clueless. I guess they need to concentrate on training and possibly pay people more money. In any case I will definitely report back.

• Hairy
    Hairy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

When I spoke to Webster, they ran a test to access Quicken vía a browser, and could not replicate the problem. So, they thought I had a problem with my browser. I explained that I am using Quicken software, not a browser.

I am using Quicken for Mac. Does anyone else have a problem using different (eg Windows) Quicken software?

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please elaborate and provide additional details as to what exactly occurs when you attempt to Connect with Webster Bank? E.g.: do you receive an error code/message? If so please provide the exact code/message.

It may also be helpful to provide screenshots of the problem. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach screenshots. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• winter girl
    winter girl Member ✭✭
    Options

This is what appears after trying to update:

It appears this account is at a bank that no longer supports downloading. You can resolve this by disconnecting to make this a manual account or set up the account at a new bank. (112)

• Hairy
    Hairy Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, that is the message that I get.

Also, Error Code: UNSUPPORTED_BID (112)

Again, I have no problem downloading on my iOS phone. It's the desktop software Webster isn't talking to.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thank you for following up with additional details.

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

I did report this to Quicken and got an email that the ticket was closed… although its not resolved. I spoke with someone AT Quicken support that told me that Webster disabled online services for Quicken and that I needed to contact my bank. So I thought I did go through the proper channels. Feel free to look at case # 10450603. Thanks

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

Getting the same messaged as those above.

• EK118
    EK118 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue and have also reported it to Quicken and opened a case with Webster Bank.

I can confirm the Quicken Mobile workaround. To download transactions:

1. Open Quicken Mobile
    2. "Pull down" to refresh all accounts (or just do it for Webster Bank)
    3. Wait a bit until the download indicator stops spinning

You will see new transactions in the history in Quicken Mobile, but they won't be matched to manually entered transactions.

Run the update in Quicken and the transactions you see in mobile will both download and properly match with manually entered or recurring transactions.

It sounds like the only solution is to keep calling Webster. The people who work in the branches may be more knowledgeable if you call them directly. Calling a branch was the only way I was able to get to a person who could file a ticket.

• winter girl
    winter girl Member ✭✭
    Options

I spoke to a lovely woman at my branch and she said that typically these types of things get fixed within a few days and I have to agree with her. I thought it was odd that no one had called them directly, guess we all just jump on the web but I am hopeful this will be resolved soon. I can export my data so I am crossing my fingers! She did say that she spoke to someone directly at their tech center and they thought it was on the Quicken end but they are looking into.

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

I no longer have a branch close by or else I would have gone to the actual bank. When I spoke with someone at Quicken they insisted it was Webster that disabled online services with Quicken. My transactions do download but I still get the error message. It must be some glitch

• Sharonoldman
    Options

I talked with a person at Webster and she gave me instructions as follows:

Add a new account; type Webster in the find bank field; Choose "Webster SNB Personal". Log in with your webster user name and password.

its came up with my webster accounts that I then linked to the ones I already had, over-riding their old downloads.

It all worked!

• Suse
    Suse Member
    Options

Thanks! It worked for me now, too!

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks sooo much. Worked for me… was able to link all my accounts to existing ones so I am good to go. Love this Quicken community! @Sharonoldman - Thank you!!

• winter girl
    winter girl Member ✭✭
    Options

Fantastic, but make sure you click on link to existing accounts, almost did not do this. Great teamwork!

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes @winter girl or else it opens brand new account. There is a drop down menu where you link to the existing account you have set up. It warns you that the account you are linking to is linked to another bank… but say yes anyway. You all are the best!!

• Hairy
    Hairy Member ✭✭
    Options

Wonderful! Thank you, everyone.

And hats off to Webster for not ignoring this.

• Stango
    Stango Member
    Options

Webster continues to inflict pain once again with their inability to have the proper oversight and accountability with changes they are making. Yes they have removed their connection and as we can see they no longer appear in the menu other than "Webster Bank Visa" which looks like their bank symbol however that is for credit card only. I'm sure there are reasons we all love a local bank but this is one area especially on the technical side where they are absolutely behind the times and need to re-vamp their entire process. They should be nimble and leading not trailing.

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

@Stango There is a fix in this thread. You have to add a new bank “Webster SNB Personal” Log in as you would on the online banking… but then when they find your accounts there is drop down menu to merge them with existing accounts on Quicken. I agree with you about Webster… the only way I got this fix was through this community. I had called Webster and they were to report back and I have yet to hear from them. Also with this merger with Sterling Bank all the Webster branches close to me have closed. Sadly I think I need to find a new bank. Good luck

• Stango
    Stango Member
    Options

So as a follow up. So yes they took the less obvious route and called it Webster SNB Personal and yes it does work by linking to existing accounts. Thank you to those that also shared their experience would could have been easily avoided if Webster took the time to notify folks properly.

• SharpByCoop
    Options

I have been trying FEVERISHLY to get my transactions downloaded as well.

1. 'Websteronline' as listed in their selections is ONLY for Visa. This is the one everyone is pointed to and it is incomplete or wrong.
    2. 'Webster SNB Personal' ONLY shows up in a new search. How dreadful. THIS is what you need. Thanks for that…..
    3. Don't get your hopes up: I could ONLY get it to download transactions from MAY 2023 onward. Not even from Jan 2023.

What I NEED is Jan-Dec 2022. THe only thing I have now is PDF files of my statements from Webster for 2022. Uugghhh.

THe transistion to a new online platform from them was nothing short of negligent and inept. I will spare you how long it took to get my accouts to show.

I will VERY soon lose Webster accounts entirely and go to another bank (TD Bank). I need a pro. This is unnacceptable.

I wish you better.

• krobrph
    krobrph Member ✭✭
    Options

I think the branch employees are a tad more helpful but all the branches near me closed. I called over a month ago to corporate with this issue and never heard back from anyone. Good thing for this quicken community or I would have never known how to fix it. For sure leaving Webster soon too

This discussion has been closed.