Fidelity Netbenefit 401k is not downloading details.

Options
ericrose12
ericrose12 Member ✭✭

I am running the latest version of quicken for MAC and my fidelity netbenfit account is not download details anymore… This stopped around 7/20. The summary information looks correct but there is no new transaction data.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @ericrose12,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Fidelity Netbenefits? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions? Did this issue begin to occur after a recent update?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ericrose12
    ericrose12 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine

the connection type is "Direct Connect"

Looking at my transactions list - I have no new transaction after 7/7/2024

There are no error messages.

Also this is on Quicken for MAC - not sure how this got posted in the windows discussion thread.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @ericrose12,

Thank you for providing more information.

First, I suggest deactivating the Fidelity account(s). However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists

After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.

1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there is more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    5. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution, making sure to choose Direct Connect, and click Continue
    6. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    7. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ericrose12
    ericrose12 Member ✭✭
    Options

HI @Quicken Jasmine

Yes I tried that and have the same issue - no new transaction since July.
    Are there any open issues with Fidelity NetBenefits with this issue. I saw something back from July with no update status.

Thank you. .

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The open issue from July has to do with disappearing holdings causing account balances to drop. You can view the alert here. Based on what you are describing, this sounds like a separate issue.

Assuming that you have already verified on the financial institution website that there are new transactions that have posted and should download, and that you have verified the transactions are not being hidden by a filter or the sort order in your Quicken register, the next step would be to try adding the problem account(s) as a new account(s) to see if those transactions download.

To do that, first, backup your Quicken file. Then deactivate the account(s) that is not downloading. Then, connect the account(s) by going to Accounts>Add Account, follow the prompts, and instead of linking to existing, add as new. This process can help narrow down if there's an issue with the existing account in the file, or if something else is causing the problem. Note: This will create duplicate accounts. If the new accounts do not download the missing transactions, you can go ahead and delete those newly created duplicates and link your accounts back up with the existing accounts in your Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RebDina
    RebDina Member
    Options

I have been unable to connect to Fidelity for over a week AND I have the issue where the market value shows correctly but the account summary shows as $0. I'm seriously considering switching to my Windows desktop instead of my Mac laptop if there is no movement on these issues.

• ericrose12
    ericrose12 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

I created a new account and only got the "add shares" transactions with today's date. I went in the account settings of the account → download → and changed the "download transaction starting" → to 7/1/23 and still not additional transactions were downloaded.

I am going to delete this newly created account as you suggested and re-active my old account. My old account has the correct share information just not within the transactions details. Since I transfer transactions into this 401k account via my pay check details the overall balance is higher since it doesn't show the buy of the shares and has extra cash from my paycheck transactions .

something is definitely wrong with downloading past transactions which started for the in July.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.