Creating a report with memo ?

Options
acs2
acs2 Member ✭✭✭

I have a number of transaction that I wish to review. In the memo I placed a question mark(?). I ran the report and under Customize under both payee and Tags I placed ? in the memo contains field. The resulting report returns many transactions with blank in the memo field.

This appears to be an error in Quicken. When I do a find/replace with memo contains ? the appropriate transactions appear and there are no extraneous transactions

Comments

• acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

BTW, I just changed the memo to be NeedsInfo. I then changed Memo contains in the payee and Tag custom section and entered NeedsInfo. The transaction report also reurned many transactions without NeedsInfo.

There seems to be an error

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you on version 52.19? There have been reports of the report memo filtering not wolrking with that version. Here is the discussion:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

yes version 52.19 build 27.1.52.19

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The "?" question mark, when used in Filter criteria is a special character. See this webpage for more details on filtering in reports and graphs:

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216908

• acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

thanks but I also tried full words in Memo contains and they did not work either

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@acs2 this issue has already been acknowledged by Quicken. Please see the main discussion on this issue for more details:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mpainterusa
    mpainterusa Member ✭✭
    Options

How do you create a Repost based on Memo contents?

• mpainterusa
    mpainterusa Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, previous post should say report, not repost:

How do you create a Report based on Memo contents?

Thank you.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How do you create a Report based on Memo contents?

When it is working, you click on the gear to customize the report. On the right side of the Categories tab, there is a box titled "Memo contains." Enter the search text there.

This is currently broken for reports based on the Banking Transaction report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It seems we need to await a Quicken fix to all Memo contains transaction searches

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It seems we need to await a Quicken fix to all Memo contains transaction searches

The Memo contains filter works for me on Spending reports, such as the Itemized Categories report. It does not work in the Banking Transactions report. Did you see something different, @acs2?

QWin Premier subscription
  • acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have tried Banking Transactions and Spending by category. Neither worked for Memo contains

This discussion has been closed.