R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33]

Options

Answers

• svikas
    svikas Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem with multiple investment accounts. "Enter a valid date" error after accepting the downloaded transaction successfully.

• Ron Varley
    Ron Varley Member ✭✭
    Options

I am still on Version R51.15 because of problems reported on R51.12 and started to update today but decided to look for any comments, complaints on R52.19 & R52.20. Decided not to update once again. Would appreciate knowing when this issue gets fixed. Thanks

• nightowl1962
    Options

STILL HAPPENING TO ME

VERSION 52.2 Windows 7 Ultimate

As others have said it started happening a couple updates ago when downloading via 1 step update in Investment accounts. It seems the cursor gets left in the transaction register and something automated in the download file is sending an enter command at the end to make this pop up with an invalid date. Just a guess.

• EricF
    EricF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

• georgeusa
    georgeusa Member ✭✭
    Options

I have seen "Please enter a valid date" many times over the last several years when accepting investment transactions so for me, it's not new. I just click OK and everything is fine. I have never reported it.

• FeldmanFam7
    FeldmanFam7 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Quicken Anja for that info. Hope that release comes soon.

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same irritating pop up, "Please enter a valid date" after investment transactions are accepted into register.

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It simply is a bug in the software. Given how many people on here are reporting it, Quicken will be able to replicate the issue and release a fix.

While a nuisance, the software still functions just fine.

• basegad
    basegad Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've got this issue as well [Removed - Rant]

• Russ Erman
    Russ Erman Member ✭✭
    Options

Another user with same issue and same build - new recently. Have submitted to "report a problem." Come on Quicken, fix it!

• nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I also have the "Enter a Valid Date" bug with all Schwab transactions and possibly more.

• isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ditto on the "Enter a Valid Date" bug for me, as well.

• nmccollu
    nmccollu Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here…

• Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Me too….

• GeezerGeek
    GeezerGeek Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Like everyone else, I'm getting the Valid Date error also. I'm surprised that an error caused by something as simple as accepting a transaction would not have been found during software quality assurance testing.

Quicken user since 1991, DOS version
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

same problem. I think I am only seeing it on investment accounts and only after doing "accept all" (and only if accept all doesn't stop because of something I need go handle manually.) Release R52.20

• AYoung
    AYoung Member
    Options

Same problem here with R52.20: "Enter a valid date" pops up on every downloaded investment transaction, but no errors result. The only annoyance is having to clear the error message each time by clicking "OK".

• Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Getting the the following popup when accepting downloaded transactions via one-step update.

version 52.20 build 27.1.52.20
    Windows 11

• wrouffa
    wrouffa Member ✭✭
    Options

quicken, may we please have some type of update?

Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try
  • gcorvin
    gcorvin Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

same here. "enter a valid date" pop-up for downloaded brokerage transactions.

• Ron Schnatzmeyer
    Ron Schnatzmeyer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Before coming here, the other day I opened a chat with support to ask about this "Enter a valid date" problem. They were clueless that this issue was even happening and told me to run a data file repair process and if that didn't work, to change the date format in the settings. Of course, that did not work. As much attention as this is getting here and as many times as it has been reported, do you not think support would know about it? But apparently, they don't. Yes, I reported it too.

• garylapalombara
    Options

I have recently started to get the same "enter valid date" pop up error after I accept downloaded investment transactions from Schwab. My quicken windows is up to date on all patches.

• EWagner635
    EWagner635 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

• erapopor
    Options

not fixed in the .20 release. Having this issue with Schwab downloads

• Don555
    Don555 Member ✭✭
    Options

same issue here - annoying

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. on my platform, it seems to be isolated to Brokerage Accounts.

Is this all part of the OSU disfunction?

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    Options

same problem

• marc
    marc Member ✭✭
    Options

After experiencing the same problem and being told by tech support that they were unaware of the problem, I was concerned that the error message could be masking other problems and reverted to version R51.12.

This discussion has been closed.