Drop down issue in Quicken

Options
DHBT
DHBT Member

When I move my Quicken register to my 2nd monitor the drop downs under ACTION and SECURITY don't work and they work fine on my laptop monitor, does anyone know the cause?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @DHBT,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when this issue started? Could you provide more information about the issue you're running into? For instance, what action are you performing when these drop downs don't work? Are you using pop up registers and moving just the register to the other screen? Are you adding in a manual transaction, editing an existing transaction, doing something else? If you're willing, including a screenshot of the issue (with any personal information blurred or obscured) would be helpful. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DHBT
    DHBT Member
    Options

Thanks for answering Kristina. Here is some additional information. I use the newest version (R52.19) of Quicken Deluxe for Win11 and I've used Quicken for 20 years. I was working on my laptop and entering transactions from one of my account statements into Quicken. I dragged the app to a larger monitor. It was an investment acct. I entered the date and under ACTON, I clicked on the dropdown to choose the action such as DIV and nothing dropped down. I dragged the app back to my laptop monitor and the dropdown worked perfectly. I tried it several times on both monitors and the drop down doesnt work on my large monitor for either ACTION or SECURITY. I tried adjusting the monitor settings but nothing worked. This first happened a couple of months ago but this is the first time that Im reporting it. Unfortunately I can't give you a screen shot as it woud have personal information (I know how to attach a screenshot). I can manually enter the ACTION and SECURITY but it goes faster if I drop down the choices.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You mentioned this issue is happening only on the larger monitor. Is it a high resolution monitor? Is it set to a different resolution than the laptop display? Are there any other graphical issues on the larger monitor?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DHBT
    DHBT Member
    Options

The large monitor is set to 1920x1080 resolution which Windows recommends. The laptop is set at the recommended resolution of 2880x1800. Also note that none of the Register "drop downs" work on the 2nd monitor. That includes the Calendar, Check Number, Payee, Category & Tag. The large monitor is a new Acer and no other graphical issues exist. It works fine for Excel, WOrD, PowerPoint, Edge, Adobe Reader, YouTubeTV, Maps, Outlook, etc. It appears that I've uncovered a bug in the Quicken app.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try to configure Windows "Project to connected screens" (on my system press Win key + P) so that only the 2nd monitor is active. Does that solve the problem? You may have to stop Quicken before changing screen configuration and then start it again while running on the 2nd monitor only.

IIRC, in other discussions here in the Community, the problem of multiple monitors using different resolutions was mentioned several times. The decades-old code in Quicken, created in early versions of Windows, just can't handle multiple monitors with different resolutions.

This discussion has been closed.