MSI Cleanup hang

FTERoo
FTERoo Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭

Quicken Software Update hanging on 'Optimizing and Executing Files' and other discussions of this issue are "closed".

Either I "force close" the Quicken update window, or terminate the "MSI Cleanup" process to regain control of Quicken. These are the only solutions in the discussions of this issue, which aren't actually solutions.

This hang in that process occurs EVERY TIME there is an update.

No where do I see that Quicken has a resolution or fix.

I'm a Quicken user since at least the mid 1980's.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @FTERoo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

We do currently have an ongoing alert regarding Quicken hanging during the optimizing and executing files step during an update. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. If you do not see the option to bookmark, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Is it possible that Quicken is not allowed to update and save its configuration files? Please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
      If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in
    • Is it possible that your Antivirus software is interfering with the software update process, AV-scanning one or more files that Quicken needs to work with, to complete installation?
      If so, try to temporarily disable AV during the installation process.
      If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center for assistance.

This discussion has been closed.