Deleted account still trying to update

Options

I deleted my TD Ameritrade account as the company was bought out by another and I had to set up a new account.

The old deleted account is still trying to connect. How do I remove the connection with the account being deleted?

I did an actual delete, not just a hide.

How do I get it to stop updating?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's impossible. If you actually did physically delete an account register in Quicken, together with all its transactions and its history, there's nothing left in your Quicken data file that can perform a download, unless …
    Are there other TD accounts that are still activated for downloading?

If you go into Tools / Manage Hidden Accounts, is the allegedly deleted account still showing? If so, what Hide or Separate flags are set?

To retain the old account's history and transactions, the account should have simply been deactivated and then marked as "closed".

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Do you have Sync turned on for Quicken cloud services? If so, is it possible the account still exists there, and that's what's updating?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • davidjerry
    Options

I don't see evidence of the account anywhere in Quicken. But, it still shows up every time I click on reconcile. I have to click cancel and then Quicken skips the account.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window (that Reconcile dialog mentioning the deleted account) showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@davidjerry You didn't answer my question above about whether you use Sync. Without knowing more, I'd suggest going to Settings > Connected Services and clicking Reset for your Cloud file. If the old account still exists in your Cloud file, this will resolve that by creating a new Cloud file based on your current data file.

it still shows up every time I click on reconcile.

Hmm, I'm confused by that comment. Reconcile is something you click when you're already in an account. Are you saying that if you select your current checking account in the left sidebar, and then click Reconcile, it shows something about the deleted TD Ameritrade account? If so, I agree with @UKR's post above: a screenshot would be helpful to understand what you're seeing.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.