Persistent download error message Barclay's Bank Credit Card transactions

Options

I keep getting an error message CC-100 that says that it appears that my Barclay's Bank Delaware has been deleted and I need to fix it. I take the "Fix It" option and go through the questions. It then tells me that it can't reset my account because there are downloaded transactions that need to be taken care of first, and there are valid transactions. After I "Accept" my transactions into my register, I go back into the account to "Deactivate" and then "Reactive" and link it to my existing Quicken credit card account which goes fine. The next time I download transactions, the error is there again. It has been going on for over two months. There seems to be no way to get back to when it was working good. I don't know what is causing the false error message as the transactions downloaded just fine. I guess I'm just going to have to not pay attention to the error message, but it is annoying to keep getting it. Is there a solution to fix this bogus error message?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I must say, I've never heard of an error code "CC-100" before … but then again, what's preventing the programmers from inventing new, apparently undocumented, error codes?

Could I trouble you to capture an image snapshot of this error message and attach it to your next response? How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

• bussysconsultant
    bussysconsultant Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@UKR , I somehow wasn't aware that you had requested a screen shot of the error that I'm getting in Quicken for one specific credit card bank account. I saw your response but my question was closed off and I couldn't respond. I had no idea that anyone had responded to my question but here it is again with the requested screen shot that you wanted. I did notice that now the error code had changed from CC-100 to CC-800, so I don't know why it changed but here is my question again with screen shot at the bottom. Still happening every time I request a download of transactions.

Thanks, Leo

I keep getting an error message CC-100 (Now CC-800) that says that it appears that my
    Barclay's Bank Delaware has been deleted and I need to fix it. I take
    the "Fix It" option and go through the questions. It then tells me that
    it can't reset my account because there are downloaded transactions that
    need to be taken care of first, and there are valid transactions. After
    I "Accept" my transactions into my register, I go back into the account
    to "Deactivate" and then "Reactive" and link it to my existing Quicken
    credit card account which goes fine. The next time I download
    transactions, the error is there again. It has been going on for over
    two months. There seems to be no way to get back to when it was working
    good. I don't know what is causing the false error message as the
    transactions downloaded just fine. I guess I'm just going to have to not
    pay attention to the error message, but it is annoying to keep getting
    it. Is there a solution to fix this bogus error message?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @bussysconsultant,

To start troubleshooting this issue, I recommend that you backup your Quicken file, then follow the steps in this article on CC-800 errors:

First, you'll need to deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools Add Account 
    2. Go through the flow of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, use your login credentials and answer any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bussysconsultant
    bussysconsultant Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi Kristina,

Well, I followed your steps and it has seemed to fix the problem with that particular account. However, when I did the update, it came up with the same error for a completely different bank credit card. So I performed the same procedure on that credit card account which happened to be Citi Bank, I did the update again, and it came up with the same error on still another completely different bank credit card which happened to be First National Bank of Omaha. I performed the same procedure and it fixed it. I did the update again, and this time I got no errors. However, something happened to my Citi Bank card account. It download many transactions that I had previously downloaded and discovered that the original transactions had disappeared from the register for that account. I had to go through each transaction and re-categorize them. I know that these transactions were previously accounted for before I began this corrective procedure that you gave me because I looked at a previous file save and they were already there as I said. So I have no idea as to why Quicken is behaving so strange. Doesn't give me warm fuzzy feeling, and just so you know, I've been in Information Technology my whole life. I design and program financial reporting systems on the IBM platform, so I'm very familiar with software. I did do a final update and it came out clean with no errors. I will test the download process again when I know that there are transactions to download and I will contact you again if the problem persists. Just wanted to mention that I had previously deactivated and reactivated the original problem account many times with no success. The only difference was that in your instructions, you had me click on ADD an account, where I just tried the EDIT, deactivate, reactivate, and relink which did not work. Thanks!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the followup,

From what you are describing, it sounds like your Citi account may have been added as a new account rather than linked to the existing account. I'd recommend going to Tools>Account List to verify if you now have an extra Citi account.

Please let me know if the CC-800 error issue comes back, so we can do additional troubleshooting, if needed.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.