Multifactor Authentication OPTION missing

Options
ctyler77
ctyler77 Member

I'm using Quicken for Mac on my MacBook Pro. In the last week, my Lending Club account cannot connect because when it comes to the authentication screen, it gives no drop-down boxes to be able to select an option for where I'd like the code to be sent. It's just not there anymore, so I have to skip the connection!

With Kohl's connectivity being a problem, it seems Quicken is getting quite buggy. Any ideas??

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ctyler77,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You mentioned this issue started in the last week; was there anything else that happened around the same time, such as a power outage, unexpected program or computer shutdown, program or OS update, etc? Do you keep your file on your hard drive, or is it on a shared network drive? Is it synchronized with any cloud service, such as iCloud or Dropbox? The simplest way to check your file location, if Quicken is open, is to go to File>Show "File Name" in Finder. It will bring up a Finder window with the file highlighted. You can hold the Option key to see the file path.

Also, since multi-factor authentication is controlled by the financial institution, have you checked on their website to ensure you have everything set up correctly there?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ctyler77
    Options

The file is present at /Users/myname/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Documents (on my hard drive)

There was power outage earlier this week.

Nothing has changed with the financial institution.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend restoring a backup from before the issue started, and checking to see if the issue persists in the newly restored backup.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• ctyler77
    Options

I'm still having no luck. I deleted the account and tried to start over. I'm still getting no OPTION in order for Lending Club to send a verification code.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Quicken Kristina Your instructions are for Quicken Windows; Quicken Mac does not have the options you described. What do you suggest for this user who is using Quicken Mac?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ctyler77
    Options

jacobs is correct - there is no option to follow those instructions as a Mac user.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Sorry about that; those are Windows directions and this is a Mac thread. Quicken for Mac doesn't have a data file copy function. Since restoring a backup did not work, I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• ctyler77
    ctyler77 Member
    Options

This issue has been resolved. It must've been resolved in a software update or something on the bank side because I never called customer service.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear it's working properly now.

Please feel free to reach back out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.