Q Mobile error with Morgan Stanley Cash Management

Options
dshefsky
dshefsky Member ✭✭

My Desktop Quicken is working fine. Release, etc below. and Mobile (just redownloaded and updated).

I see my MS-Cash Mgmt balance and details correctly on desktop.

Mobile shows account but $0 balance with no transactions. Other accounts on Mobile

look fine. I went on PC to Accounts for Mobile & Web » tried to add the MS account and "update accounts" but it gives me a cc-501 error. See before/after below. I know it's correct login info, as I double checked it online. I have enabled Third-Party data sharing on the MS website.

Noting that this is not a new issue with recent release, etc. I've never been able to see this accounts info since I set mobile up originally.

Any ideas how I can solve this are appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @dshefsky,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Since trying to re-add the account for syncing didn't correct the issue, the next step, according to this article on troubleshooting online banking issues in the companion apps, would be to deactivate and reconnect the account(s) in your desktop program. Please backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps:

1. Select the Tools menu and select Account List
    2. In the Account List, select the account for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
    5. Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service. Note: If you do not receive this message, additional information is available below
      • Direct Connect users: If you are deactivating a Direct Connect account, you may see an additional prompt advising you to contact your bank to cancel the Direct Connect service. This is only recommended if you intend to deactivate an account permanently and need to contact the bank to stop any related fees.
    6. Click OK to the confirmation message.  
    7. (optional) If you do not intend to reactivate, contact your financial institution to cancel any fees they may charge for access to Quicken online services. Deactivating the account in Quicken will not normally stop the service fee.

If you have an investment account that is linked to a cash account, you need to deactivate the online services from the investment account which will automatically deactivate the linked cash account.

Once the account(s) is deactivated, you will want to reactivate the account(s). To Reactivate the account(s):

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Click the Edit button on the account you want to reactivate.
    3. Go to the Online Services tab and click the Set up Now button.
    4. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    5. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.