How can I rearrange the order of columns in investment accounts.

Options
saberman
saberman Member ✭✭✭

In checking accounts if I sort ascending by date and then descending by Clr I will get the reconciled transactions sorted ascending by date at the top. Then the cleared transactions sorted ascending by date followed by the uncleared transactions sorted ascending by date.

In investment accounts if I sort ascending by date and then by descending by Clr I will get the reconciled transactions sorted descending by date at the top. Then the cleared transactions sorted descending by date followed by the uncleared transactions sorted descending by date.

The difference seems to be that the Clr column is on the left of the date column in investment accounts and on the right of the date column in checking accounts.

How do I get around this?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @saberman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. If I'm understanding correctly, you're trying to sort by the Clr column and then have a secondary sort by date? You can choose whether you want investment transactions sorted by oldest first or newest first by going to Edit>Preferences>Investments and selecting the option you want from the Sort choice dropdown.

When you click on the Clr column, it should then sort by the cleared status first, then by the date of the transaction.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In your example the transactions are sorted by date descending. I want them sorted by date ascending.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have tried changing the Sort choice for the Investments Preference to Most recent first?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Actually, I had it as Most recent first. I changed it to Oldest First and that did it.

This discussion has been closed.