Unable to reconcile BofA checking in Mac

Options
PattiG
PattiG Member ✭✭

I am AGAIN experiencing a frustrating inability to balance my checking account due to the pending/processing transactions being included in the downloaded balance but not included in the downloaded transactions. This happened just a couple of months ago & now again. Come on Quicken—get it together!

Comments

• Champ198
    Champ198 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

It seems every other update that Quicken puts out, it messes up the reconciliation for Bank of America accounts. Its reads the online balance instead of the settled balance. Some of you say "its the bank not Quicken". Not this time. This is getting old as I know it will be weeks before it's fixed again. Does anyone know how to roll-back an update?

Problem:

"Online Balance" includes cleared + pending transactions, "Quicken's Balance" only includes cleared transactions. There is no way for the Quicken app to reconcile when it is comparing online (all transactions - settled and pending) to quicken unless you have no pending transactions (unsettled) transactions in your Bank of America account.

They've figured this out before, yet it keeps happening. The workaround is you do your recon manually. When you reconcile manually, why do you even need Quicken as you can work out of your own spreadsheet?

• PattiG
    PattiG Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having this problem again as well. Interestingly, it's only my checking account that is the problem. My credit card with BofA reconciles just fine even with pending transactions and savings doesn't usually have pending transactions so I'm not sure about it. As you have mentioned, they fixed it before so they should be able to take care of it without too much of a problem this time.

I have begun finishing my reconciling and letting Q add the adjustment transaction to my register. Then I make sure that amount matches the pending transactions amount and delete the adjustment transaction. Not an ideal fix by any means but it makes me feel better to see the green checked boxes vs all the blue unreconciled ones!

702 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

My Quicken for Mac Checking has not auto-reconciled for over a week now. The online balance vs the my Quicken balance are identical, however the reconcile window shows different balances. The discrepancy lies in uncleared transactions, which historically has not been an issue. What has changed, and can I fix this somehow. I have manually cleared the pending transactions, and the account will balance, but the very next time it tries to auto reconcile where there is an uncleared transaction the same issue happens again, and again. My BoA Savings and Visa both auto-reconcile with no issues.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @702,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is your Checking account the only account with that financial institution that has uncleared transactions in the register? If you are having to manually clear the uncleared transactions in order to get Quicken to see your account as in balance, then is it possible that the Online balance your financial institution is sending to Quicken is including pending transactions?

If that is what is happening, then the work arounds for the issue are:

1) Wait until all transactions are posted before reconciling that account

or

2) Reconcile against statement balance rather than against the online balance.

Thank you.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. So that we can investigate the issue, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and include the following information in your Problem Report:

1.  All pending transactions and the last 3 posted transactions
    2. Screenshots of balances and transactions in Quicken and (if you're willing) a screenshot showing the pending transactions on the financial institution website.
    3. Name of the Quicken file this issue is happening in
    4. Which version of Quicken you are using as well as the account names & account types impacted.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

702 Member ✭✭
    Options

The other 2 accounts also have uncleared transactions, but will auto reconcile. It's just my checking account with the issue, and this is a new issue. For years everything has been working fine. The BoA balance matches my register balance this morning, with 1 uncleared transaction. However, my Quicken balance on the reconcile pop-up page shows a higher balance, by the exact amount of the sole uncleared transaction, and indicates cleared transactions as of todays date. Again, this is a new issue. Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

702 Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue seems to have self resolved, back to normal this morning with no glitches. Fingers crossed it stays resolved.

• Champ198
    Champ198 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

The latest update I applied on 10-1-23 (may have been released the prior week) seems to have corrected the issue.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We have been notified that a server-side fix has been released for the Bank of America online balance issue. We request that you please try again, and let us know result.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• CALtd
    CALtd Member ✭✭
    Options

R52.28 was working last night and stopped working today. It did add a new account in with new transactions . Does anyone at Quicken even care?

• CALtd
    CALtd Member ✭✭
    Options

Still getting message that Quicken Online Service is unavailable . Wait 10 minutes and try again.

This discussion has been closed.