Number of days to show reminders...

Options

Any chance a feature where we can pick a custom number of days will be added? (Or at least add a "Next 45 Days" option?

(Sorry if this has been requested already!)

4 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you explain why you think this important or how you would use it, it will probably get more support.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Lloyd Young
    Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
    Options

The change should be to add 45 days and 60 days and remove 90 days and next 12 months. 90 days and 12 months are too far out to be meaningful. Most bills change from month to month so 90 days and 12 months are simply too far out to be helpful. 60 days would be more helpful to me because I attempt to maintain an average balance in my checking account over a couple of months. 45 days is too short for me but OK having it as an option if 60 days was there as well.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

"This Month" might be a good filter too.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also please consider using the Projected Balances view of the Bills & Income tab.
    It can show you your projected bank balance for the next 7/14/30/90 days or 12 months for a selected list of multiple accounts. (Sorry, no 45 days, either)

I prefer working with this view, because the graph view will show me if an account is in danger of dropping down to zero.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I second @UKR's comment on the Projected Balances view.

Also note that you can set a custom end date for the projected balances. That might not be not quite as nice as having it be 45 days or 60 days from now, but I can think that you might want to set it to the end of next month for example. Quicken remembers the ending date you set if you exit and restart.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please see April 5, 2024 post in this discussion:

For the purposes of this discussion, an option to show "Next n p" would seem to be a simpler, more straightforward, way to satisfy user's needs.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Agree